Bath path Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 21, 2012
http://youtu.be/hgHT5cU4t-0

Daughter been fighting swinging down to the ball. Has gotten better, but still swings down to ball. Hoping for suggestions for a better bat path to the ball. From coaches eye I've noticed her bat laid down behind head. Probably needs to be more up right. But before swing her back elbow looks to be cocked in a bad position. I've heard both arguments about back elbow up or down, but I believe it should be more up than it was here.

I'm really working on bat path now, so never mind the bug squish for now. That's another battle. Help with bat path to the ball is primary goal for now.

Thanks for all suggestions
Chad

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Looks like the bat is being deflected as a result of the bat/ball collision.

1zn66hv.gif

Oct 21, 2012
I'm talking about path to the ball. Not after contact. If path was more on plane with the ball I don't think the deflection would be that drastic.

Chad

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Got it.

Given the height of the hands at launch, the particular hand-set being used, and the height of the pitch ... this is pretty close to the hand path you might expect.

263vkfo.gif

Oct 21, 2012
Thats one thing I was going to try to do is lower her hands a little and have her hold the bat more upward. Shes been hitting really good lately, but still has room to improve. She just moved up to kid pitch and has adjusted well to it. But we been fighting the downward path for a while. Its flattened out a good bit in the last couple of months and hitting is getting stronger. More driven line drives lately than weak backspinning line drives that was commend for her 2 months ago. A little back spin is good, but she was chopping so much it wasn't driven it was sliced.

Chad

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
In addition to lowering the hands a bit, she also looks as if she pulls with the lead arm, rather than allowing the arms to work together. Practice with a connector devise combo'd with lower hands should get her on the ball plane more often.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd