Bata or Jugs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2011
Looking at getting the Bata 2 pitching machine. Everything I read on it seems to be good, but I always hear people talking about Jugs. Is there a big difference in these two brands? Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with these machines that I should know about? Thanks

Jun 18, 2010
I have a Jugs Jr. pitching machine that I use for my DDs softball team, and my son's baseball team. We use it almost every practice for both teams and have for three years without any problems. The Jr. is nice because you can change the chute and legs on the machine for BB or SB. They are expensive however. Our Rec machine leagues also use the Jugs machines and they take a lot of wear and tear and continue to work well. I do not have an experience with the other brand, sorry.

Attachments

• JugsJr.jpg
    JugsJr.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 20
May 7, 2008
Tucson
I own the Jugs, pictured. It has been a work horse, with my own 3 kids. I never use a machine for batting practice, though, so I don't have advice on that aspect.

BLB

May 19, 2008
There are other options as well. I have 2 Jugs and a Hack Attack. I love the HA as batters can easily time themselves with the design of the shute although I hardly use it for hitting. I use it a lot for fielding both fly balls and ground balls. One wheelers are no good for ground balls. The Hack Attack has 3 wheels and can use regular balls which the Bata doesn't if I remember correctly. The Jugs tends to tear reg balls apart. Also, you can check out FirstPitch at First Pitch products. They seem to have the same kind of machines as the Jugs but a lot less expensive.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Around here, everyone seems to be using Atec machines... our school has one, batting cages are filled with them, and our rec association has one (really old, but has been rebuilt). Great customer service from them!

Mar 10, 2009
I have the BATAII baseball/softball machine and I would pop for the extra bucks and get it over the JUGS. Have extensive experience with both, the BATA is more consistent in it's speed, it's a 2 wheel machine with solid rubber wheels, not tires, you can adjust it to throw drops, rises, curves with not a lot of tweaking, and is very durable. Better value for the money IMO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG