Bat Throwing Drill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Two extremes.

tewksloadtostackgif-S.gif

which is the best corner to teach?

Which? What about everything in between?

Dec 11, 2010
I like this drill much better:
TeeDrillRH.gif

Hands 'turning the barrel to the ball'. Extension is not some thing that is taught in a 'arm extension drill'. Extension is a result of the swing. The arms will get 'extended', because of what the hitter does upstream. 'Whip' the barrel, 'turn the barrel to the ball' righttttttttttttt now.

We do this drill, I got it from a coach that called it "free and independent hands" but I think we got the name wrong.. I was trying to explain it in another post.

Can someone put a name on this drill for me?

Oct 10, 2011
I like this drill much better:
TeeDrillRH.gif

Hands 'turning the barrel to the ball'. Extension is not some thing that is taught in a 'arm extension drill'. Extension is a result of the swing. The arms will get 'extended', because of what the hitter does upstream. 'Whip' the barrel, 'turn the barrel to the ball' righttttttttttttt now.

We do this drill, I got it from a coach that called it "free and independent hands" but I think we got the name wrong.. I was trying to explain it in another post.

Can someone put a name on this drill for me?
We've always called it "Tip and Rip"

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
This tip-n-rip is obviously exaggerated in this drill in hopes of getting some of it in actual live pitching hitting.

Imagine how this drill makes the hands work. Get in this exaggerated tip and then try to hit the ball without torquing your hands like crazy to get there. Not gonna happen, IMO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi