Bat size?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 4, 2020
DD is 5'8" and swings a 33/24.

If I had to go back in time I would never have let her go above a 32...what are you trying to accomplish by extra length? If you can get to an outside pitch then IMO your bat is long enough.
At 5’ 8” your DD is right where she should be with the 33”. I saw her swing in your video and she is doing just fine.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
The PC AD is offering may be a cheaper alternative but my question to him would be why is it hardly used?
Bought it for a team bat, in all reality after hearing and reading all the exit velocity numbers when it first came out, I just wanted to try one out and see for myself.

The day we got it we had a 4:00 practice, I couldn’t be there until 5:00. Every girl there had already gone through two rounds of front toss before I got there, the bat was leaning against the dugout fence when I walked onto the field.

I loudly asked everyone on the field what their thoughts were on this new Mizuno bat and I was met with a 100% unanimous thumbs down! They hated it!

This team consisted of one Xeno, and the rest a split of Ghost and LXT bats, they were not impressed with that Power Carbon!

I’m glad that’s THE one and only time I’ve ever wasted money on a piece of softball equipment! :rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I used it once or twice, or ten times (??) hitting infield and outfield practice with it, I honestly preferred using my old beat to death 33” Rocketech for hitting balls to the girls in practice!

May 4, 2020
Bought it for a team bat, in all reality after hearing and reading all the exit velocity numbers when it first came out, I just wanted to try one out and see for myself.

The day we got it we had a 4:00 practice, I couldn’t be there until 5:00. Every girl there had already gone through two rounds of front toss before I got there, the bat was leaning against the dugout fence when I walked onto the field.

I loudly asked everyone on the field what their thoughts were on this new Mizuno bat and I was met with a 100% unanimous thumbs down! They hated it!

This team consisted of one Xeno, and the rest a split of Ghost and LXT bats, they were not impressed with that Power Carbon!

I’m glad that’s THE one and only time I’ve ever wasted money on a piece of softball equipment! :rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I used it once or twice, or ten times (??) hitting infield and outfield practice with it, I honestly preferred using my old beat to death 33” Rocketech for hitting balls to the girls in practice!
I gotcha. I’m with the team on this one. Tough to beat Ghost, LXT & Xeno’s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misscoug