Bat size?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 3, 2020
So I normally use a 33inch -11 Easton . At the batting cages it got a dent in it and I honestly feel like it was a bit too long for me . I'm getting a new one so I'm wanting to see if anyone on here thinks a 32 would be better or any suggestions. 16u/18u. 5'6/ 5'7 . Thanks in advance.

Feb 3, 2016
So I normally use a 33inch -11 Easton . At the batting cages it got a dent in it and I honestly feel like it was a bit too long for me . I'm getting a new one so I'm wanting to see if anyone on here thinks a 32 would be better or any suggestions. 16u/18u. 5'6/ 5'7 . Thanks in advance.
Several places will let you try out bats before buying. You could also borrow from a teammate and see if it's a better length. I'd like to think a 33 would be appropriate for a player your age/size. Bat speed is key so smaller, lighter might be right.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Use the bat weight database here to make sure you get what you are thinking you are getting. Lots of bats, Easton, Anderson, are well overweight compared to an LS, Demarini or Mizuno that will be more spot on sticker weight. See if you could try a couple to see feel, whether you like an end load feel or balanced. Good luck finding one you like!!

Oct 5, 2018
Definitely try a friends if possible. One key here is that YOU feel it is too long so it is already in your head that it is too long. Based on your height and age most here would probably recommend a 33. However, especially if you're smaller 5'6"a 32 would also be a reasonable choice. As mentioned weight could also be an issue. That easton 33 (-11) may be closer to 24 oz than 22 oz. If want to feel something different, try to get your hands on a 32/22 demarini.

Jun 19, 2016
If you got a dent in the bat than I assume you are using aluminum. Composite bats don't dent...they just crack. At 16U and above a composite bat is desired. The other thing is the size. A 33" bat should not be a -11. If a 33/23 is too heavy then move down to a 32.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD is your age and your height. She's been swinging a 33/23 since she was 12. A 32" bat is too short for someone your height.

Jun 19, 2016
I went and looked at your post in the hitting technical aspect. Learning to hit at your age is not easy but it can be done but it is going to be a lot of work. The bat you are using has got to go. Those Easton Aluminum -11 bats are just not meant for a player your size. They will dent repeatedly. If budget keeps you on aluminum than get a -10. Second thing....any composite bat you get is going to be heavier than label with the exception of Demarini. See the bat weight sticky thread. A 33/23 is not going to be too heavy for you. Look for a used bat. Something balanced like a LXT or a Power Carbon. Get a tee and a net and stay away from any outdoor commercial batting cages. Those balls are extremely hard and will tear up bats.

Apr 3, 2020
I went and looked at your post in the hitting technical aspect. Learning to hit at your age is not easy but it can be done but it is going to be a lot of work. The bat you are using has got to go. Those Easton Aluminum -11 bats are just not meant for a player your size. They will dent repeatedly. If budget keeps you on aluminum than get a -10. Second thing....any composite bat you get is going to be heavier than label with the exception of Demarini. See the bat weight sticky thread. A 33/23 is not going to be too heavy for you. Look for a used bat. Something balanced like a LXT or a Power Carbon. Get a tee and a net and stay away from any outdoor commercial batting cages. Those balls are extremely hard and will tear up bats.
Okay . I usually go to dbat or do tee work . It isn't weight that bothers me . It just feels like the length is bothering me on inside pitches .

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
At 5'6" / 5'7" a 32" bat is too small for you, stay with a 33" and move to a balanced -10 composite bat. As far as inside pitches, sounds to me you don't like the ball inside, you've still got to stay inside the ball and beat it to the "spot!"

My DD is 5'0" and she uses both a 33" and a 34" bat. I've got a hardly used 33/23 Power Carbon, PM me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad