Bat Deal Questions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
First of all, that's not what I said....because of course you put your own spin on it. I actually said, why not just
go right to a dealer and buy from them. This is why I say that.

If they are an auth source, on ebay and they are legit, then they have a store you can get ahold of. So contact them directly. If they are discounting the bat, then its off mapp pricing...which most every bat a year old is. So why take a chance with ebay at all. Find a dealer on the net that has what you want and call them directly...say, "hey, I see you still have a 2018 or 2019 whatever on your site...I see them on ebay for so and so $, whats the best price you would sell one to me for?"
With ebay fees, a store is only going to lose even more money going thru ebay for a sale because
they are already discounting the old bat anyway and now paying ebay fees...so they would much rather deal directly with a customer than thru ebay. I know I would rather sell to somebody directly and avoid ebay fees. Best part, you went right to a dealer and will have legit paperwork and never have to deal with any issues down the line. Of course, this works better with some stores than others. But more stores than not will deal with you on older bats if you see it listed somewhere else. I have had people text me and do exactly
this.

Obviously, if you are looking for a bat nobody has or a used bat, do whatever you have to do.

Too many people think ebay is filled with good people and nothing ever can go wrong...until it does and its too late. I work
to hard for my money and so do most parents that have kids and bills to get screwed by some shady dude on ebay.

Apr 28, 2019
First of all, that's not what I said....because of course you put your own spin on it. I actually said, why not just

If they are an auth source, on ebay and they are legit, then they have a store you can get ahold of. So contact them directly. If they are discounting the bat, then its off mapp pricing...which most every bat a year old is. So why take a chance with ebay at all. Find a dealer on the net that has what you want and call them directly...say, "hey, I see you still have a 2018 or 2019 whatever on your site...I see them on ebay for so and so $, whats the best price you would sell one to me for?"
With ebay fees, a store is only going to lose even more money going thru ebay for a sale because
they are already discounting the old bat anyway and now paying ebay fees...so they would much rather deal directly with a customer than thru ebay. I know I would rather sell to somebody directly and avoid ebay fees. Best part, you went right to a dealer and will have legit paperwork and never have to deal with any issues down the line. Of course, this works better with some stores than others. But more stores than not will deal with you on older bats if you see it listed somewhere else. I have had people text me and do exactly
this.

Obviously, if you are looking for a bat nobody has or a used bat, do whatever you have to do.

Too many people think ebay is filled with good people and nothing ever can go wrong...until it does and its too late. I work
to hard for my money and so do most parents that have kids and bills to get screwed by some shady dude on ebay.

Apr 28, 2019

this.

Not looking to debate Core. The poster was looking for discounted/ previous model bats. I gave him an option that has worked well for me . Always good to have options. As I stated good idea to know who your buying from. Check satisfaction ratings and check if you can get a receipt. If no receipt than buyer beware.
If somebody needs the latest bat and can’t wait then not a bad idea to preorder from dealer.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
And all I said was contact an auth dealer as well for older bats...has nothing to do with new model bats at all. That wasn't
even part of the conversation. Just because a store site gives a price on an old bat, doesn't mean they don't deal just like they would on ebay.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Your a dealer so of course your going to take exception to anyone selling for less than you are.
First low blow right here.........are you senile? Pretty tame forum here, but when you make smart rear comments to long time, well respected members here.......expect some backlash!

In all reality, you seem like a pretty smart guy, you obviously love your girls and love softball, you should really watch the way you post things towards members! No one here wants to hate on you, but you bring it on yourself!

And BTW, that's you're a dealer.......

May 3, 2018
While I do appreciate the feedback received from all 3 of you as it relates to bats (and gloves, thanks AD for the All Star catcher's mitt recommendation), I'd kindly ask that we clear your personal disagreements from the thread as I feel this may deter others from replying. Thanks.

Apr 28, 2019
First low blow right here.........are you senile? Pretty tame forum here, but when you make smart rear comments to long time, well respected members here.......expect some backlash!

In all reality, you seem like a pretty smart guy, you obviously love your girls and love softball, you should really watch the way you post things towards members! No one here wants to hate on you, but you bring it on yourself!

And BTW, that's you're a dealer.......
Low Blow? How are the facts a low blow? You don’t think the poster should know a dealer would be more likely to advocate buying from an authorized dealer?
Core seems like a decent guy but he’s not the only game in town and doesn’t have the only opinion on bats here.
The plain truth here is if you haven’t been a member of this forum for many years the old members tend to gang-up and defend each other when one gets called out or god forbid somebody has a differing opinion.
Some of you guys really need to stand on your own and explain your stance. Shouldn’t need forum buddy coming to your aid.
Didn’t realize there was penalty for grammar. It’s a forum really?
News Flash Everyone————FYII
1) WW is self appointed moderator
2) AD is now responsible for grammar checking

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
While I do appreciate the feedback received from all 3 of you as it relates to bats (and gloves, thanks AD for the All Star catcher's mitt recommendation), I'd kindly ask that we clear your personal disagreements from the thread as I feel this may deter others from replying. Thanks.
Absolutely chevy, I'm done! But I do ask that I get a grammar police name tag to wear, or I'm really out of here! Me, the grammar police.........my wife will get a kick out of that! :rolleyes:

MB, I absolutely promise I'll never spell check anyone here ever again! Handshake?? We good??

Apr 28, 2019
Absolutely chevy, I'm done! But I do ask that I get a grammar police name tag to wear, or I'm really out of here! Me, the grammar police.........my wife will get a kick out of that! :rolleyes:

MB, I absolutely promise I'll never spell check anyone here ever again! Handshake?? We good??
Unlike some of you long timers I only speak for myself.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00