Bat Deal Questions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2014
First low blow right here.........are you senile? Pretty tame forum here, but when you make smart rear comments to long time, well respected members here.......expect some backlash!
Actually AD, core had the first low blow with his response about ebay. Right after MB had made the ebay suggestion, core responded with a very crass, condescending statement which basically crapped on everything MB had just posted about and all Mb was doing was trying to help. There is a way to inform others that ebay may not be a wise choice without it sounding as if you are the king of everything softball.

Core -- Yeah, and some ebay garbage will tell you that you get a receipt...and the receipt is useless because they
aren't an auth dealer. So you just bought a NR bat. You def got a receipt though...hahaha

Core could have handled things a little more friendly and all of this could have been avoided but oh well.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Actually AD, core had the first low blow with his response about ebay. Right after MB had made the ebay suggestion, core responded with a very crass, condescending statement which basically crapped on everything MB had just posted about and all Mb was doing was trying to help. There is a way to inform others that ebay may not be a wise choice without it sounding as if you are the king of everything softball.

Core -- Yeah, and some ebay garbage will tell you that you get a receipt...and the receipt is useless because they
aren't an auth dealer. So you just bought a NR bat. You def got a receipt though...hahaha

Core could have handled things a little more friendly and all of this could have been avoided but oh well.
I get what you're saying, I really do. I think Core's comment was a broad general comment about eBay itself and to be careful, and maybe his dislike for eBay, I don't know, he'll have to answer that. MB's response was straight at Core, to me that's the difference!

But I'll be the first to say......I wish I would have kept my mouth shut, smiled, and kept on reading!

Apr 28, 2019
And all I said was contact an auth dealer as well for older bats...has nothing to do with new model bats at all. That wasn't
even part of the conversation. Just because a store site gives a price on an old bat, doesn't mean they don't deal just like they would on ebay.
I made new bats part of the conversation to bring you in as a viable option when purchasing newly released bats.
If somebody needs a bat NOW that was just released a dealer preorder is a good way to go to secure one.
Now you know Core I contacted you about a couple of bats in the past and you were unwilling to send demo bats. As you said at the time those were reserved for current customers.
You have fair prices on bats. The best prices? No.
I won’t sing your praises or knock you down just passing along my experience.
My experience is you lost a potential customer by not demoing bats. At one time your current customers had to have been new customers.
Not a problem I get great deals on the bats I buy or I wouldn’t purchase them. No harm no foul.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I def should have specified my comment better. The garbage was referring to the scammers on ebay that
rip people off without caring about the people they do it to, def not that you cant find deals on there or that you shouldn't
use it as a source. Hell, I bought 3 used old metal bats off there last month for a metal bat league. But personally, I wouldnt
buy new bats from there if you want warranties...the receipt thing is so huge and I have dealt with people texting me asking me what they can do because warranty declined them. Not a great feeling telling someone who innocently bought from one of those
scammers that there isn't anything to do except beg the manufacturer and hope they care.

And honestly, I cant demo bats I don't have either. I cant pull bats off a shelf to send away. AND, I def cant send to
people I don't know...if that losses a customer, it is what it is. I cant take the chance for them to come out of my pocket.
So the few I do get once in a while, go to people that I do know, and people that can hit with a ton of girls in a short time.

Jun 28, 2019
Have bought bats from this forum, eBay, and large online sellers . I think while Core maybe a little gruff he knows his stuff. MB if you can see through his alleged bias as a dealer I would assume most could no need to point it out. Oh and the dealers I know often discount well above 20%. Well time for me to go box up that 2019 Xeno that is now rattling. Hope that large online retailer is a reseller. 🤞

Apr 28, 2019
Have bought bats from this forum, eBay, and large online sellers . I think while Core maybe a little gruff he knows his stuff. MB if you can see through his alleged bias as a dealer I would assume most could no need to point it out. Oh and the dealers I know often discount well above 20%. Well time for me to go box up that 2019 Xeno that is now rattling. Hope that large online retailer is a reseller. 🤞
I mentioned it after he jumped all over my post. I new he was a dealer from past experience. I don’t know if poster knew this. Just giving poster an unbiased view of bat buying.
Maybe you should refrain from giving advice if you don’t have all the facts.
Sounds like your getting better than average deals on bats.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802