Barnhill-Collegiate Player of the year. #usasoftball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
People with strong moral principles don't TROLL on message boards calling peers of their daughter CHEATS and NOT A TRUE ATHLETE. They shut the f'n mouth. I suggest you check what the definition of integrity is. Yo have turned this board into heybucket. great work.

Cheat, yes. How else do you describe someone who works outside the rules for personal gain? What word would you use?

Never said she was not an athlete. She has great athletic abilities. Just wonder what she could do within the rules?

As to the definition of integrity: adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.

Those with integrity do not cheat and do not tolerate those that do.

Last edited:
May 17, 2012
They are not little kids. They are adults and fully accountable. As student-athletes they are held to an even higher standard to not cheat. By and large they have greater character and demonstrate integrity well beyond some who post here.

They also aren't professional atheletes that are paid to play. They don't endorse products. They are amatures by definition.

While you find it easy to pass judgement on college players I do not. Save it for the professionals and individuals getting paid (Coaches, umpires, and NCAA).

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Bottom line is:

Yes, she worked/works hard to get where she's at. BUT she puts little to no effort in correcting that hitch/replant. Yes, the umps SHOULD call it, but still...we SHOULD be caught for every red light we run and every turn we make without a blinker. I don't understand why umps are not calling her IPs - I just don't get it. Regardless, it's the fact that she isn't making the effort to do it right...like most other pitchers do. Why should she be held at a higher standard than the rest? Why does she get the favorable treatment? I don't get it. And she continues to be put on that pedestal - and the younger pitchers will say "Well Barnhill did it, why can't I?" only to find out Barnhill is untouchable and that her way doesn't apply to them because they will get called for it. Ridiculous.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
They also aren't professional atheletes that are paid to play. They don't endorse products. They are amatures by definition.

While you find it easy to pass judgement on college players I do not. Save it for the professionals and individuals getting paid (Coaches, umpires, and NCAA).

Ever stop to think that amateurs were held to a higher standard there would be fewer problems in the professional ranks? Again they are adults and as student athletes should be held to the very highest standard of conduct.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
The ONLY defense for Barnhill is that she is indeed legal or that she has no idea that she is illegal. I have yet to hear any of her defenders make either case. Only excuses, distractions, and rationalizations.

Anyone?

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
The ONLY defense for Barnhill is that she is indeed legal or that she has no idea that she is illegal. I have yet to hear any of her defenders make either case. Only excuses, distractions, and rationalizations.

Anyone?
I guess it's only illegal if you get caught?

It would be interesting if she's called for a few IPs early in the WCWS and see what happens from there.

May 17, 2012
Ever stop to think that amateurs were held to a higher standard there would be fewer problems in the professional ranks? Again they are adults and as student athletes should be held to the very highest standard of conduct.

They are being held accountable by their coaches, their universities, and the NCAA. If you don't like how they are being held accountable take it up with them.

Passing public judgement on the student atheletes is misguided at any level (middle school, high school, college).

Apr 12, 2013
Cheat, yes. How else do you describe someone who works outside the rules for personal gain? What word would you use?

Never said she was not an athlete. She has great athletic abilities. Just wonder what she could do within the rules?

As to the definition of integrity: adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.

Those with integrity do not cheat and do not tolerate those that do.

Riseball, If I knew how to drag a quote from the "On ESPN Now, Florida (1) vs Alabama (14)", here is your lack of "integrity" shining through.

"That will bring Ocasio into the game very quickly. Unlike Barnhill and Gourley she is a true athlete and a beast on defense."

Those are YOUR words riseball. Integrity. look in the mirror. just stop it. your words are way worse than anything Ms. Barnhill has ever done in the circle when it comes to MORALS. Goodness, Thanks.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smallsize1516