Ball in circle

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 6, 2013
yes they can continue they have one stop - they can stop and proceed forward to the next base or back to the previous.

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
I believe on a walk the LBR does not take effect until the batter reaches 1b. The batter/runner then needs to make an immediate decision to either continue or stay at first base.

Jun 11, 2013
On a walk the runner still has one stop so they can round first, stop and still come back. However, I've seen umps that don't understand the rule call people out for that.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I believe on a walk the LBR does not take effect until the batter reaches 1b. The batter/runner then needs to make an immediate decision to either continue or stay at first base.

Where's that comes into play too is a runner on 3rd base. The LBR doesn't take effect for her until the batter-runner touches 1st base.

Feb 29, 2012
We've had umpires in my area call runners out for stopping. I've told them they have one stop, that its part of the LBR and they are adamant about they cannot stop. I believe its part of rule 8.7 something in ASA

Jun 11, 2013
We've had umpires in my area call runners out for stopping. I've told them they have one stop, that its part of the LBR and they are adamant about they cannot stop. I believe its part of rule 8.7 something in ASA

Any time I hear the ump call it hesitation I just know they are going to call it wrong. I don't know if that's what it was called at some point, but you can just forget arguing with them.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008

So do you win the protests?

Sep 29, 2014
So do you win the protests?
Not unless you get a tape recorder out or write everything down ahead and get them to sign something, once explained the rule, more times than not, the umpire simply states that they stopped for too long and did not "immediately" proceed to the next base or return to previous (which of course is a judgement call); but kudos to the few who fess up and say thanks for correcting that and helping me understand the rule better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi