Balanced Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 6, 2010
Florida
Currently what is the hottest balanced bat. She tried the end loaded ,although she does need to get stronger, she just seem to have a more smoother swing plane with the balanced bat. Any recommendations.
Thanks

May 4, 2012
Couldn't disagree more. As the father, offer to hit if/of and use a different bat each time (from the kids' on the team) You will be amazed at the differences. I like one "balanced" bat in particular - but it is only because I can feel the bat HEAD better (so the reality is that it was called balanced, but felt end loaded to me). I told the girls on our team that the particular bat was fantastic. Some tried it and hit real well with it, then they all went back to the "cool" bat bc...well.. it was cool. This year 4 of the 6 girls have switched to the bat I recommended and their hitting reflects it. I realize good hitters can hit - period. But as in golf - why do pro's adopt new or better technology - usually it's an enhancement to their already solid performance. You have to understand the product and I don't see any way around that other than through swinging it/hitting it.

Dec 6, 2010
Florida
Couldn't disagree more. As the father, offer to hit if/of and use a different bat each time (from the kids' on the team) You will be amazed at the differences. I like one "balanced" bat in particular - but it is only because I can feel the bat HEAD better (so the reality is that it was called balanced, but felt end loaded to me). I told the girls on our team that the particular bat was fantastic. Some tried it and hit real well with it, then they all went back to the "cool" bat bc...well.. it was cool. This year 4 of the 6 girls have switched to the bat I recommended and their hitting reflects it. I realize good hitters can hit - period. But as in golf - why do pro's adopt new or better technology - usually it's an enhancement to their already solid performance. You have to understand the product and I don't see any way around that other than through swinging it/hitting it.
Can u pm me that particular bat you are referring to.

Dec 7, 2011
I have a bit of a different view, taking from both your opinions:

Yes there is technical differences in bats - but they all gotta stay within the "hot-pop-range" determined by all the organizations. How big is one bats sweet spot versus anothers sweet spot?...... etc.

BUT when ya boil it all down you can dictate this or that bat to a girl and if they dont feel just down-right dangerous and cool with it they are probably not going to bat as good as they could. Fact.

My advice - YES technically find the most effective bat there is BUT then you have to SELL it to your DD as the next best thing since buttered toast or it's just not worth the purchase.

So in conclusion - figure out "the Sell" (to DD) before ya buy :cool:

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
I would say the bats with the most hype are the Demarini CF5, CF6, Louisville LXT and Xeno's, Easton Mako and FS1 and 2 I think. This is not a conclusive list and is not in any particular order but seem to be the bats most talked about.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I think we are all saying much the same thing. Have her try them, hit with them and go with what she digs. Confidence is everything!

Confidence in a specific bat model or brand provides a temporary sense of security IMO. Alternatively, and much cheaper, is to teach them a swing that they have confidence in. Once they understand that its the Indian and not the arrow, its no big deal if they outgrow/break/lose a bat or circumstances limit them only to a team's sponsor's bats, league-supplied walmart specials, or tree limbs.

Confidence in a specific bat model or brand provides a temporary sense of security IMO. Alternatively, and much cheaper, is to teach them a swing that they have confidence in. Once they understand that its the Indian and not the arrow, its no big deal if they outgrow/break/lose a bat or circumstances limit them only to a team's sponsor's bats, league-supplied walmart specials, or tree limbs.
I think everyone understands this and it doesn't need to be said. At least, I would hope so.

My own DD had ten hits in five games this past weekend and used three of her different bats. She was 2-2 with a sac fly with her SRV4B, 2-2 with her CF7, and was 2-3, 2-2 with a sac fly and 2-3 with her -9 LXT. Can't really say any of them are hotter than the other (at least not enough to brag about), and that she was successful with all three. It was just what she was feeling for each game and it worked out OK for her on that particular weekend. I suppose this illustrates the Indian/arrow thing pretty well.

I have all my girls swing different bats all the time so they don't get locked into something. I want them all to know they can hit with anything. I think it is best if they understand this.

However, girls still like to use what they like, whether it is because it is purple or because it is the "latest" or because that's what they've always used. No harm in it, I suppose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom