Average to good pop time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 17, 2010
My daughter is catching on my travel team and she seems to have a great pop time. We get compliments on her arm consistently!! I am trying to get avg times for her age to see where she stands. I can tell you she is 11 years old and her average pop times from her action stance are 2.3 to second base, 2 flat to first base and like 1.7 to third base. Thanks in advance for the info.....

Aug 17, 2010
Practice, however that is from a pitcher with a girl in the Batter's box. She throws right handed, that's the reason her time is a little slower to first base vs. third. I haven't timed her in a game yet. We play this weekend I will be sure to time her. So where do u think she rates vs other girls her age??

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
If my memory is correct in college baseball it was under 2.0 from home to second to be considered great. 2.1 to 2.3 good, over that better find a new position.

Like to hear college softball times.

Jul 11, 2009
Hate to steal this thread but I gotta brag a little here (well I guess not bragging but am very excited). Daughter is 14, never played travel ball before, only caught for last 2 years on middle school team. Went to tryout for travel team today and they timed her throwdowns. First 2 throws were 2.04 and 2.06. Coach told her she had too much arch on throw and try to throw it on a line. She ended up one hopping it and time was 1.84. They pretty much offered her a spot after that. :)
There was no batter and she was taking pitches from a machine, but she was setup behind plate same depth as if there was a batter.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2010
Daddy O..... That sounds like a great time!! We played in a tourney last weekend(I didn't time the throws in game situations but I will this weekend coming)! I can tell you I had 4 different head coaches from the stronger teams comment on her arm!! She is my daughter, but not being biased she truly did stand out!!! I am proud of her, however she still has a loooong way to go!!! I will post game times Monday!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32