Auburn vs lsu

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2012
Third game starting pitcher for auburn stride foot way left. I know power line is considered a reference or start point . Some will stay all over it while some favor one side of it or the other. Looks like she is using the left side of pitchers lane every pitch with some looking like she is completely out of the lane. Camera angle ain't best for exact visual but dang that's a wide left stride. Is she doing this to create angles?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
She is a screwball pitcher and by stepping to her left she creates a better angle to run the ball into right handed batters and away from left handed batters. Only her toe needs to touch the line, but she is borderline illegal on just about every pitch. A lot of times she will scrape away the chalk line to make it more difficult for the plate umpire to call an illegal pitch.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
She is a screwball pitcher and by stepping to her left she creates a better angle to run the ball into right handed batters and away from left handed batters. Only her toe needs to touch the line, but she is borderline illegal on just about every pitch. A lot of times she will scrape away the chalk line to make it more difficult for the plate umpire to call an illegal pitch.

Agree with JAD and good post Phathead. I watched the replay this evening and thought the same things. Also watched the Florida Mizzou 1-0 game and that one was pretty good.

May 13, 2012
DD messing with screw some. Her PC teaches her to maybe stride slightly left. To create a opening for hand to have clearance he has her just keep hips a little more open . When She started working on she looked more the auburn pitcher huge left stride with butt stuck out. Like the long winded screw thread from a while back, I don't see much if any movement in either method. Now since he (pc) got her more vert and more centered I see it as a viable pitch from a timing point. It is a different look with different speed and attack angle with maybe a little moment from time to time. When she keeps her head and shoulders up she locates it very well on inside in the river.

Until he got her more vert that left stride and butt out really caused her problems coming back to her normal mechs for fb, cu etc. The pitcher from auburn seem to throw all her pitches with screw ball body positions. In my book she has excellent body position and body/arm control to deliver all her pitches from that position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse