Athletes United Easton Bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
What are you hearing?

I can not possibly believe that Easton would have produced these bats without the intent to capitalize on their publicity and get them out to market.

Agreed. In years past, have seen Easton put new models into the hands of college teams before making them available to the public, so I would expect that this is what is happening with the AU bats.

One thing I have noticed is that Demarini and LS have VERY little representation among the AU athletes. Easton and Rawlings are the dominant bats. There are lots of other Wilson products out on the field, just not bats.

Oct 26, 2019
Agreed. In years past, have seen Easton put new models into the hands of college teams before making them available to the public, so I would expect that this is what is happening with the AU bats.

One thing I have noticed is that Demarini and LS have VERY little representation among the AU athletes. Easton and Rawlings are the dominant bats. There are lots of other Wilson products out on the field, just not bats.
I noticed quite a few of the 2020 CF bat. I know the Olympic team was using them in their games leading up to the cancellation of the Olympics. When you buy a new car and noticed that car on the road more since my daughter swings a DeMarini.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I noticed quite a few of the 2020 CF bat. I know the Olympic team was using them in their games leading up to the cancellation of the Olympics. When you buy a new car and noticed that car on the road more since my daughter swings a DeMarini.

Hmmm...Maybe it was just the games I saw. I didn't watch full games for all the teams last weekend.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
The only other explanation would be that those "professional bats" are juiced and would not pass any of the five current stamp specifications. (Not ruling this out since they don't care about the safety standards.)

This is my thoughts as well. The clubs that professional golfers use are not close to the clubs for sale on the retail market. Even the "Tour Edition" clubs arent the same.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Yeah they can say that until their blue in the face. If Easton does not try to cash in on this then they have been paid 7 figures to make these bats "professional bats" not for public consumption.

The only other explanation would be that those "professional bats" are juiced and would not pass any of the five current stamp specifications. (Not ruling this out since they don't care about the safety standards.)

No way pro bats are “juiced”. As hard as those women pitch and hit people would be getting killed. Look at MLB. Their bats are the polar opposite of a hot bat. They would be carting 3B’s, 1B’s and pitchers off the field daily if the composite bats used at the amateur level were used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
This is my thoughts as well. The clubs that professional golfers use are not close to the clubs for sale on the retail market. Even the "Tour Edition" clubs arent the same.

That’s not accurate. The clubs the pros use are tested for COR (drivers) on a regular basis. The heads the tour players use are the exact same that the public get. They are just sorted to exacting specs (face angle, loft, lie, weight ext.)

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
That’s not accurate. The clubs the pros use are tested for COR (drivers) on a regular basis. The heads the tour players use are the exact same that the public get. They are just sorted to exacting specs (face angle, loft, lie, weight ext.)

If this is the case, then why is there a big market for tour used equipment where guys are spending a lot more money on those items when they could just buy the same thing at whatever their local golf store is ? After all these years surely someone would have spilled the beans that its all the same right?

Mar 28, 2014
If this is the case, then why is there a big market for tour used equipment where guys are spending a lot more money on those items when they could just buy the same thing at whatever their local golf store is ? After all these years surely someone would have spilled the beans that its all the same right?
Re: Pro Golf Clubs........................don't you think a bat that Mike Trout used would fetch more than one you buy off the shelf? Yet it's the same wood.

It's the "ooooooh factor" of owning/using something that a pro used to own. Nothing more nothing less.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Re: Pro Golf Clubs........................don't you think a bat that Mike Trout used would fetch more than one you buy off the shelf? Yet it's the same wood.

It's the "ooooooh factor" of owning/using something that a pro used to own. Nothing more nothing less.

It is the same wood. However, only the best batches of wood with specific metrics go to the MLB players. Maybe its totally wrong, but that is what I've been told

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.

Because there are a lot of people out there with more money than sense. I’m well aware of GolfWrx and Bomb Squad Golf before that.
All clubs have to be on the USGA conforming list. There is not a huge list of tour only driver heads there.

Being a near scratch golfer and club builder I’m pretty familiar with this stuff.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA