ASA - What, if any, are the appeal options

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 2, 2013
What do you call the Effect(b) of 4.6.C.8 Unreported Substitute on defense makes a play?
b. Have the last batter return to bat and assume the ball and
strike count. All runners return to the last base occupied prior
to the play.

Seems reasonable to me that, if the protest was upheld, that you can't bring a dead ball back to life, and that the only reasonable fix is a "do over".

I copied and pasted a ruling from ASA. Don't attribute a quotation to me as if I was the origin of the statement.

If you don't like it, go address the ASA interpreter who gave that ruling in the first place. I don't agree with it anyway, which you should have seen by my other posts.

Jan 20, 2009
I copied and pasted a ruling from ASA. Don't attribute a quotation to me as if I was the origin of the statement.

If you don't like it, go address the ASA interpreter who gave that ruling in the first place. I don't agree with it anyway, which you should have seen by my other posts.

I never said, or even mildly implied, that I was attributing you as the origin of the statement.
I never said, or even mildly implied, that I don't like it.
Just pointing out that the quote is not entirely accurate as there ARE situations where a do over is prescribed by rule.

But for the record, who is the interpreter that should be credited with the quote?

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Wow, Carl really got under your skin. Yes, umpires are POS when they disrespect others...

No, Carl set me up years ago in his discussion group, inviting me to provide a softball side and then immediately rip apart anything softball-related including the "little girls" who just chase the ball around a little field and the "not real umpires" who just chase the little girls around the field.

Invited him to attend a NUIC Clinic or National Council Meeting only to be ignored while continually disparaging the game, players and umpires

Originally Posted by obbay View Post

NSA game yesterday, I asked the base umpire about it and he basically said runner just goes to side where fielder is not, and fielder can touch whichever is closer
Consider the source

Referring to the org, not the umpire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1