ASA Eligibility

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
You must not looked far enough:

503.A.02. Pick-up players must have played for an ASA-registered team during the
current season
and must have played in the division of play for which they
are being picked up.

So, if she hasn't played, she is not a viable pick-up player.

Dec 25, 2008
You must not looked far enough:

503.A.02. Pick-up players must have played for an ASA-registered team during the
current season
and must have played in the division of play for which they
are being picked up.

So, if she hasn't played, she is not a viable pick-up player.

MTR - I was looking at it a bit differently. I agree she is not an eligible "pick-up" player.

Let me try it this way. Is there a difference between a "roster change" and a "pick-up" player? I'm wondering if a girl who hasn't played for an ASA registered team could be added to a team roster. Not as pick up player, but actually adding them to the roster.

The only reason I'm asking is because in 502 it indicated that roster changes can be made up to 24 hours before championship play.

Sorry if I'm not being clear.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
MTR - I was looking at it a bit differently. I agree she is not an eligible "pick-up" player.

Let me try it this way. Is there a difference between a "roster change" and a "pick-up" player? I'm wondering if a girl who hasn't played for an ASA registered team could be added to a team roster. Not as pick up player, but actually adding them to the roster.

The only reason I'm asking is because in 502 it indicated that roster changes can be made up to 24 hours before championship play.

Sorry if I'm not being clear.

That would be referring to the intial entry to Championship Play for that season, or where roster changes are permitted with Pick-up players.

Dec 25, 2008
That would be referring to the intial entry to Championship Play for that season, or where roster changes are permitted with Pick-up players.

Yes. I'm trying to find out if there is any kind of deadline for entry to Championship play or to getting a player ASA registered. If a player has not been ASA registered or played any ASA sanctioned events, can they still be added to a roster. Not a pick-up player. I'm talking actually adding them to the roster.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Yes. I'm trying to find out if there is any kind of deadline for entry to Championship play or to getting a player ASA registered. If a player has not been ASA registered or played any ASA sanctioned events, can they still be added to a roster. Not a pick-up player. I'm talking actually adding them to the roster.

No, Championship Play is almost complete. Any team with intentions of playing in a NC has already taken part in some level of Championship Play.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
As it turns out, the ASA directore said she cannot play with the 16U team as she is still on our 14U roster. Based upon what I read, I think she should be eligible as a pick up player, but maybe it's the timing. In any event, now she'll have a week long break between travel ball season and the start of high school practices.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1