As a coach would you have done this?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2009
In answer to your question, I might have but not for the same reasons as you suggest your coach did.

As far as your dd getting all the tough games, well, welcome to HS SB. If she remains the better pitcher she always will. Unless you get an even worse coach that can't tell which is the better.

My dd nearly always got the best teams. Of course in HS that statement is an oxymoron in and of itself. The year my dd's team won state it was nice to see her picture in the paper and it will always be in the record books but in reality whats so great about it. So a bunch of hacks beat up another bunch of hacks. Where is the victory in a dead cat bounce ?

When you get the kids back after HS for travel ball it always takes a couple of weeks and gallons of DDT to wipe the HS funk off of them.

My dd's sr year (she had already signed her NLI) she called her soon to be college coach and asked him if he cared if she played HS ball and he said as long as she played TB, he didn't care, so she didn't. She would never have played in HS except that she was worried it would look bad at the national recruiting expos. and coaches might ask why she hadn't played HS ball.

Just remember, this to shall pass. :D

Jul 20, 2008
The coach was doing two things to help his team. One for this year and one for the future. He kept his "present" (the Junior) from tanking by resting her and he showed his "future" (your DD) what she needed to work on to take on those teams.

If the motivation is used correctly, it can only help your daughter in the long run.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13