Are BLEM bats OK to buy ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2010
Yep, DD also has the Ringor with toe protect, a pair last about 6 months. Considering I was buying regular cleats every 2 months the Ringors have turned out to be cheaper over the course of a year. What I am trying to do now is find a left handed pitcher that wears a ladies size 10.5. That way when DD wears out the toe I would be able to have a wearable pair by putting my DD's left shoe with the other pitchers right shoe. As it is now I end up with one shoe without a toe and the other in almost new pristine condition...

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
Bought a BLEM Voodoo two years ago for my DD. It went through 2 years with 12 month hitting practice. It finally gave up the ghost at Nationals and started buzzing her hands. We got our very reasonable money out of that bat. To bad Anderson doesn't sell blems. :p

Jul 26, 2010
Yep, DD also has the Ringor with toe protect, a pair last about 6 months. Considering I was buying regular cleats every 2 months the Ringors have turned out to be cheaper over the course of a year. What I am trying to do now is find a left handed pitcher that wears a ladies size 10.5. That way when DD wears out the toe I would be able to have a wearable pair by putting my DD's left shoe with the other pitchers right shoe. As it is now I end up with one shoe without a toe and the other in almost new pristine condition...

Get tuff toe pro. Saves you tons in buying new cleats due to the toe wearing out.

Now if only I could do something with the ruts in my backyard. . .

-W

Mar 15, 2010
Get tuff toe pro. Saves you tons in buying new cleats due to the toe wearing out.

-W

DD uses the Ringor's with the Pro-Tec-Toes but when you are pitching 5 times a week in practice and then throwing 250+ pitches on the weekend they eventually wear through. I am getting about 6 months out of a pair so I am not complaining. I have spoken with parents of other pitchers who wear through the same type of Ringors in less than 3 months. Counting myself lucky...

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
My DD started wearing er Ringor's in June ... at the moment they still fit and lookin' like she won't be getting another pair anytime soon...
bet we get next summer out of them too.
Orange ... geesh!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Also, have the girls try the Ringor Turf shoes - or coaches, too. I wear them and have given up on cleats.

A lot of men are wearing turfs, even when playing the OF.

Jul 30, 2010
Pennsylvania
My daughter ( not a pitcher) too wore Ringors. 1st pair she had she wore them through an entire season of town ball, plus a year of TB (70+ games). turned around and wore them in the fall for field hockey until they fell apart. She still has 1 pair left she keeps for spares ( their her lucky cleats she says) Last year the entire team got Bombaahs ( our teams colors). They also held up great and we'll probably get another full season out of them.

Edit: I had bought a Rocket Tech Cage bat for my DD, like mentioned, it was 40 bucks or so. The other Sunday during a fall ball game she gets it out an uses it. Bases loaded she rips a one hop to the fence in the 7-8 gap. At that point i was not looking at her bat, but when she hit the ball, it made a weird sound. I kinda chuckled when i saw the bat laying there. The ump calls time out and say get me that bat she just used ( There is a flat spot on it and i have told her never use it in a game, i use it to hit infield practice) So he gets the bat and slides it through his hands and says "I thought the bat cracked, but it must have went off the end of the bat for the sound it made" He must not have and feeling in his hands to not feel that flat spot.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2010
Pennsylvania
Also, have the girls try the Ringor Turf shoes - or coaches, too. I wear them and have given up on cleats.

A lot of men are wearing turfs, even when playing the OF.

I have a pair of the ringor turf shoes also that i'll wear when i pitch in the cage so as not to chew up my sneakers. I still wear cleats to practice outside though.

On a side note about cleats...it kills me when i see kids wearing their cleats all the time. Instead of putting them on and taking them off after practice and games. My dad would have killed me and my brother had we done that. Back then we didn't have bat bags, we just tied them together and through ove our shoulders to practice and games. Heck the other day i saw a football player wearing his cleats in the grocery store...Jeez Don't paents have any fetchin up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut