Are BLEM bats OK to buy ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
I get these e-mails from time to time for bat sales ... today was a sale on BLEM bats ... some with warranty some without ..

Examples:

Demarini CF4 ST "Insane Edition" Fastpitch Bat WTDXCFI-11 -10oz 2011 BLEM No Warranty
$199
(list $329)

Demarini "White" CF3 Black Fastpitch Bat 2009 -9oz
$199 (list $329)

Demarini CF4 ST Fastpitch Bat WTDXCFP-11 -10oz 2011 BLEM No Warranty
$199 (list $329)

Is something like this worth the risk? Price?

My DD has Miken Rain Lite 32/20 .. purchased on Ebay for $200 instead of the $300 at the time. Has had for two years.
Considering Rockettech for next bat ...but ...

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
Had a girl on my team that bought a no warranty Louisville cat last year. It broke in half
in the first game. I think it was an anomaly though as blem normally refers to bad paint job, etc.
I considered a CF4 blem for dd as well but got one on ebay with warranty for 240, it was worth the extra
cash for a piece of mind

May 7, 2008
Tucson
5 pots - Does no warranty, also mean no return? I would want to see the bat, first.

You can't go wrong with Anderson.

I am considering the 2011 Rawlings Plasma, for $105.00. We have had that bat in the past and it is great. I like a black bat.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
Just wondering ... we've had two bats break ..
A TPS LSlugger (blue) that was replaced and that is still being used by my 12 year old (3rd year of use bat) and our first Miken Rain which was also replaced and my 14 year old is on her 2nd ar with that one). My 14 DD has a lime green TPS LSlugger that she has been using for 2+ years as well ... uses for colder days as it was pretty cheap ($90). Actually a pretty good bat.

Struggling with hitting right now so holding off on a new bat (unless a really good deal comes our way).

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
NO idea if return or not .. I'm betting no return.
May look into the Plasma ...12 year old tired of getting her sister's hand-me-downs! LOL
We have three Composite's hat thewo girls use now ...
we have a Schutt 33/23 sitting in a bucket in our house (red black) ... won that in an auction ...

Told both they have to do some serious hitting to get new bats (both struggling right now) as the bat isn't the problem right now.

5 pots - Does no warranty, also mean no return? I would want to see the bat, first.

You can't go wrong with Anderson.

I am considering the 2011 Rawlings Plasma, for $105.00. We have had that bat in the past and it is great. I like a black bat.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
LOL ... always changing ... hard to keep up.

At least we don't have to have a bat now ... but looking into what we might want ... Xmas is coming so a thought for then ... or into spring ....

With 5 kids ... the $$$ going out for sports is never-ending!

Oct 1, 2010
Marietta, GA
I've bought a couple of "BLEM" bats and never had a problem. Yes, it's a risk, but for the most part the reason is cosmetic and that shouldn't matter after the first two weeks.

Mar 15, 2010
I buy my DD two identical Rocketechs, one new for games and the other a blem for batting practice. Expensive but it ensures she is always swinging with the same length and weight. Never had a problem with a blem and these are used on hitting sticks, pitching machines and a myriad of other batting practice devices.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
I know a Dad that did the same for his DD too .. big deal to do that around here ... Rocketech bat and Rinogor cleats! LOL

I get e-mails from this place all the time .. have to see how she improves over the winter .... part mechanics, part lack of self-confidence ... not anything to do with bat she has at the moment.
As far as the self confidence .... on the mound no fear ... none But at the plate ...gesh!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802