*** ANYONE DO THIS, HEARD OF THIS?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
And can't recall ever seeing a right-handed batter purposely do that.
I can see a RHB dropping their bat on the 1st base side after hitting a bomb and admiring it for a second (ask me how I know ;)). Like the bat flip gif that pattar posted.

My number 7 hitter got a warning last night for slinging her bat.....straight into the catchers ribs! At two different practices I’ve shown them where to drop the bat after contact, but honestly in 10U it can be a crap shoot, in a game I want them more focused on hitting the ball and getting down the 1B line!

Sep 19, 2018
In 10u, I heard a HP ump tell a player, "if you throw the bat and hit me a 3rd time, I will throw you out of the game." That was fun. I am not entirely sure how she missed the catcher but hit the ump twice. but apparently she did.

Aug 24, 2018
In 8/10u I used to draw an "X" in the dirt for the bat throwers to drop the bat on. In those games, saving the catcher and ump were way more important than the batter getting on base.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I can see a RHB dropping their bat on the 1st base side after hitting a bomb and admiring it for a second (ask me how I know ;)). Like the bat flip gif that pattar posted.

My number 7 hitter got a warning last night for slinging her bat.....straight into the catchers ribs! At two different practices I’ve shown them where to drop the bat after contact, but honestly in 10U it can be a crap shoot, in a game I want them more focused on hitting the ball and getting down the 1B line!
Yes that
But
To the main question.

Have you ever seen a right handed batter hit a non bomb and intentionally toss the bat to the 1st base side?
Any coaches you know have players do that?

Has this been discussed on dfp befor?
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Jun 8, 2016

Yes that
But
To the main question.

Have you ever seen a right handed batter hit a non bomb and intentionally toss the bat to the 1st base side?
Any coaches you know have players do that?

Has this been discussed on dfp befor?
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
If a kid is flinging the bat back at the catcher/umpire I can see a coach mentioning it. Otherwise it is stupid..

Mar 14, 2017
Michigan
I've never heard of it. I've taught some young player who threw the bat to drop it after their second step, but that was only to get them to hang on to it a little longer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi