Any recommendation for a first base glove? HS class of 2022 (late start).

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
Thats the glove I would use. Dance with what brung ya. If you're dying to buy another or feel like a longer glove would help her contact glovesmith and ask what they have that is built the same as her current glove but longer

Was thinking a 12.75 for 1st and OF instead of the 1st base mitt. (the 11.75 is a bit small for 1st and OF). She really doesn't want to play 1st (but does what is asked). OF and middle infield are her preferences. Maybe I'll do that.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Have Bart at Glovesmith make her a 12.75” custom to cover 1B and outfield, she obviously already likes GS gloves. He could make her a modified trap with a reinforced top web bar for 1B. I’d personally rather have a true Six-finger trap glove, but not at 1B.

And.......look at it this way, if she decides to later stick with just middle infield, ole dad gets a super nice custom for himself!

Go for a USA built custom in wheat Duratan leather! ;)

May 23, 2015
Was thinking a 12.75 for 1st and OF instead of the 1st base mitt. (the 11.75 is a bit small for 1st and OF). She really doesn't want to play 1st (but does what is asked). OF and middle infield are her preferences. Maybe I'll do that.
Realistically 1in doesnt add much in the way of fielding. Maybe a little more snow cone action. They will add weight and possibly some floppiness based on the leather you go with. Im not terribly familiar with glovesmith

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi