Another should I stay or should I go

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2015
Sounds like a bridge in desperate need of burning to me. Team hopping from a dumpster fire team is actually viewed as a positive in my book. Any coaches that accept 4 pitchers on their teams and then don't pitch them are dumpster fire setters.

There are A LOT of teams out there that have no redeeming qualities and do not deserve to be in operation, if you happen to make a bad choice and find yourself on one why on earth would you stay with it? Pitching your pitchers is kind of the hallmark of a decent team, accepting pitchers on to your team and then not pitching them is one of the things that tells you jackasses are running things. Do jackasses deserve loyalty? How much is losing a pitcher who doesn't get to pitch really affecting the team anyway?

I wouldn't just leave this team I would be getting my money's worth on the way out.

This right here^^^^^^^

Don't waste your time.
If you were getting 50%+ of the pitching time, and you just wanted to jump ship be on a better team, I'd call you a jumper.
What good does it do, to stay on a team that plays you very little, uses you only when in desperate times? (nobody else to pitch, kicking the heck out of team, etc...)
What your DD needs is game time experience...not to just be a member of a team, a playing member of a team.
Can you hear the next team calling you?

Nov 18, 2013
No, we didn't discuss what "some" would be. What would make me happy? 1-2 innings a tournament. That would be about 10-15% of the pitching time. At least let her prove herself. I understand what you're saying about the three pitcher thing but hindsight is 20/20 and some lessons are learned the hard way.

So you'd be happy at 10%, but you're ready to walk mid season because she's at 8%? Try to ride the season out if it's only 2 tourneys. Contrary to some of the advice here, don't simply look for a team where she's #1 or #2. Think about it. If she's #3 now, do you really want to be on a team with coaching and players so bad she can stroll right into the #1 spot? Use the off season to improve. Find a good pitching coach or read through the threads here over and over again. Grab a bucket and plant yourself so she can PRACTICE, PRACTICE and PRACTICE again. Do that and B teams will be tripping over themselves to her on their teams.

Jan 26, 2015
Southeast
Thank you to everyone who responded. Thank you for the guidance. We plan to stick it out till the end of july.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00