Another Newbie Question- Which Team Bats First

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2022
I apologize in advance for my questions, I'm doing research for a book.

Here's the scenario. College ball, world series type game. Both teams are considered visitors playing at a large stadium. How do they decide which team bats first if they are both visiting teams (traveled) to that stadium.

Is there a specific batting order at the college level?

Thank you so much!

T. Lockhaven

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
For baseball. I think softball is the same guide lines.

There is a specific batting order. The Head Coach usually decides who bats when. There are also substitution rules also that might interest you.

Oct 4, 2018
Usually the teams all played a bunch of games to qualify for the "lose and go home" event. The teams' Win/Loss record usually determines a seeding. If one team goes 8-0 and no one else did, they are the 1-seed.

The 1-seed will be the home team in all the games they play. If the 3-seed plays the 7-seed, the 3-seed is home team.

If teams have a tied Win/Loss record, to determine who is the higher seed is often the team that gave up the fewest runs in their qualifying games. Sometimes it's the head-to-head record of those two teams. If there's still a tie, it goes to which team scored the most runs. If still a tie, there are other tie-breakers in the rules. Eventually it could come down to a simple coin toss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild