Am I right or wrong here?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
Wow-Wow-Wow!

Who in their right mind thinks they have 8 pitchers (9 including the young snotbubble)?
Lace up your running shoes as you really need to find some competition and a good fit for
your kid's growth and development. She is 10U, it is hard at this age to determine what
she will be like in 4-5 years but you need to find an organization that will allow it to happen-
good luck and please let us know what the HC says in your meeting

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
DD 3 was once on a rec team with 7 pitchers, most of whom were less than thrilled about their circle time. Several of the girls, including the HC's DD, were already pitching for a TB team the coaches also ran. Interesting that the girl who got the most circle time was NOT the HC's DD.

By now all the girls are in HS, and are spread out among various teams. Most of the pitchers on that team still pitch, which is rare. A few months later DD 3 was on a TB team with 4 or 5 pitchers, and DD 3 is the only one who still pitches.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Last year opponents baseball team more or less pitched 7 pitchers, each pitcher had thier inning. ��

I am not sure how they did it but they won the leaque.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Watch LLWS(baseball) and see how many of the players are pitchers. Almost every player on the team.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yes, pitch count is a pain in the ***.

Our softball leaque has inning limits, not perfect but easier for us lazy people to keep track of.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
With the pitch count limits they have, it's pretty much a necessity.

I agree. In baseball a team can never have enough pitcher. College softball seems to be using more pitchers in games now. Also since I'm on the subject. I could never understand why in softball a team will use the same pitcher all game. Give me 3 or 4 looks at the same pitcher and see what would have happened. Doesn't say much for the hitters JMHO.

Nov 18, 2013
I have no problem with a coach letting eight girls pitch in a 10U fall scrimmage. It’s a scrimmage so that’s four girls per team getting a chance to pitch. It’s NOT having eight pitchers on the team. I’d question his judgment if the girls can’t throw strikes because that hurts the batters and fielders. I have no problem with him giving girls an opportunity when it sounds like rec, or a very developmental travel team. He’d be an idiot if he only used 2 pitchers and went all out to win every game at that level, especially in the fall.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30