All time great parent moments

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 13, 2014
Now that DD has finished her career as I watch games I reflect back on some great or some ridiculous softball parent moments. I'm sure we all have some funny ones and here's my favorite.
I was coaching 14u travel ball and had a girl "Gertrude" that was placed on the team and after meeting the father he told me she would be my No.1 catcher. After a couple of weeks and some discussion with my coaches we decided that Gert was our No.3 catcher. So I gave her time at catcher and also used her in right field. We had some good velocity pitchers so right field used to get a lot of action and she did a good job out there and seemed happy. After about half the season here comes dad to talk to me. " I know Gertrude is catching and playing the outfield , but she also is a very good infielder and you said you would give everyone a shot at different positions." I did probably say that but didn't mean it was going to be musical chairs but OK what the hell I'll give her a shot. Make the lineup and figure a good secondary position for a catcher is third base. After I announced the lineup here comes dad. "I know I said infield but I really didn't mean third base." Didn't say a word to him. Looked to the field and yelled "Ali (my DD that was in right field), third base. Gertrude, right field." Maybe it was the attitude I had in my voice when I yelled that but I never heard from dear old dad again.
You guys must have some gems

Mar 21, 2013
We love the dad that keeps stats for our 10U AS team. Only problem is he only likes to send the stats his DD is high in. Still trying to figure out how your batting avg can go up when you only have 1 hit in 8 official at bats over 5 games lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi