All I hear is " keep your back elbow up" and "level swing"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 29, 2012
rdbass thanks for the reply. I couldn't agree more with what you said. I guess to clarify my first post, I was responding more to the title of the thread. All good hitters exhibit bat lag, palm up palm down, along with all the other things needed to be successfull "during" the swing. I was more addressing how too many coaches want there players to do it "this way" before the swing, instead of reading the player and watching what they're doing during the swing. I've seen too often players with a good swing be told to change because their stance isn't what some coach thinks it should be. The inherent result is the player being to concerned over that and causes the swing motion to suffer. If the core fundamentals of the swing are being executed during the swing I don't feel there's a need to change things up. Thanks again

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Sometimes a HC has to find "fault", and then go about spending weeks to "fix" the fault. I'm more of see what you got an "tweek" when needed and if needed. If it ain't broke, leave it alone. The post from Brittany is a good example. From "Help" pic DD looked fine, but some hitting coach had to have the hitter "do it their way". Now at 8 their washed up per the parents thoughts. I'm kidding about the washed up part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01