Alexis Osorio

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
VIDEO BUFF CHALLENGE
I'd love to slow her rise release down to really see how she throws it. Her finish looks a little jerky and heavy wrist curl... very curious

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Ok, I've been silent on this facemask subject....for to long.
I know lots of parents/travel/high school coaches are under the impression that college coaches won't recruit a kid that wears a facemask........from my experience, 99.9% of college coaches do not care! These are the intelligent coaches......of course there are the .1% in the other category. Two simple conclusions......#1-if the kid can pitch/play they don't care.....#2-stay away from the .1%.
Please don't hesitate to have your pitchers/players wear a mask.

Rick, I know you've been doing this a long time and I would not question your personal experience. But mine has been a bit different.

When my daughter committed to her school (small D1 school) I asked the coach out of curiosity what he thought of players who wore face masks (my DD does not). He replied that he has no problem with girls who feel the need to wear them to play ball, but he personally would not want one on his team. He went on to say that most of his peers felt the same way, though they would not necessarily say so publicly.

I think if people really want to see the facemask debate end, they should make it mandatory for all pitchers and corners. Then no discrimination would be possible. Personally, I believe it should be the player's/parent's choice, but I acknowledge that choosing to wear one may detract from the player's "recruitability".

Feb 17, 2014
I might be naive, but the 2015 National Champ has a freshman pitcher that wears a mask. I think the idea that college coaches don't want these players is bunk.

I believe Rick. If they can pitch, they're going to play.

Jun 12, 2015
Rick, I know you've been doing this a long time and I would not question your personal experience. But mine has been a bit different.

When my daughter committed to her school (small D1 school) I asked the coach out of curiosity what he thought of players who wore face masks (my DD does not). He replied that he has no problem with girls who feel the need to wear them to play ball, but he personally would not want one on his team. He went on to say that most of his peers felt the same way, though they would not necessarily say so publicly.

I think if people really want to see the facemask debate end, they should make it mandatory for all pitchers and corners. Then no discrimination would be possible. Personally, I believe it should be the player's/parent's choice, but I acknowledge that choosing to wear one may detract from the player's "recruitability".

He did say there are some that are not so smart, a small percentage. Must be one of those.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
3/13 ESPN/SEC... Two Great Games TODAY... Bama & Gators won first game last night

1:00 PM EDT...GAMECOCKS vs. #15 Kentucky...Game 3...Ky won 1st 2

3:00 PM EDT...#4 Alabama vs. #6 LSU .... A.O. should be pitching

5:00 PM EDT...#1 Florida vs. #3 Auburn

LOVE to watch games on my Big Screen :cool:

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2012
3/13 ESPN/SEC... Two Great Games TODAY... Bama & Gators won first game last night

1:00 PM EDT...GAMECOCKS vs. #15 Kentucky...Game 3...Ky won 1st 2

3:00 PM EDT...#4 Alabama vs. #6 LSU .... A.O. should be pitching

5:00 PM EDT...#1 Florida vs. #3 Auburn

LOVE watch games on my Big Screen :cool:

Yes sir! I did not realize Tech/A&M was on there as well. Watched live stats on Friday then yesterday in College Station one of the parents informed me the games were on ESPN. So when I got home at 330 this morning I had to watch the replay. In the words of Kip Dynamite:

Jun 18, 2010
osorio_3rd_zpsktuhelca.gif

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi