Alexis Osorio

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2013
No kidding. Oregon State pitcher Beverly Miller took a screaming liner to the face off the bat of Arizona's Chelsea Goodacre on Thursday, April 2. Lots of blood, left the game. Friday's game was rained out and rescheduled for a DH on Saturday. Beverly started the first Saturday game in the circle with about 10 stitches on her face. Tough lady.
I watched that game and it looked like Miller had her glove up to catch it, but missed the ball - completely understandable under the circumstances.

Jun 18, 2010
Osorio Rise

osorio_rise_back_zpsela5edon.gif

osorio_rise_side_zpsbmlyqapi.gif

Nov 25, 2012
USA
I went back late this afternoon to watch this game on Watch ESPN after you peaked my curiosity. I admit I haven't watched Osario much but WOW!!! Riseball after Riseball, out after out and made those batters look silly. DD will be impressed and may learn some things. Thanks again for pointing this out and will probably go back and watch again it was so impressive;)

Nov 12, 2013
maritimes
just noticed how old the start of this thread is. is that gif a recent pitch? much better location than pitch she got nailed on. over the hands.

Ok, I've been silent on this facemask subject....for to long.
I know lots of parents/travel/high school coaches are under the impression that college coaches won't recruit a kid that wears a facemask........from my experience, 99.9% of college coaches do not care! These are the intelligent coaches......of course there are the .1% in the other category. Two simple conclusions......#1-if the kid can pitch/play they don't care.....#2-stay away from the .1%.
Please don't hesitate to have your pitchers/players wear a mask.

May 22, 2014
Indiana
Ok, I've been silent on this facemask subject....for to long.
I know lots of parents/travel/high school coaches are under the impression that college coaches won't recruit a kid that wears a facemask........from my experience, 99.9% of college coaches do not care! These are the intelligent coaches......of course there are the .1% in the other category. Two simple conclusions......#1-if the kid can pitch/play they don't care.....#2-stay away from the .1%.
Please don't hesitate to have your pitchers/players wear a mask.

Perfectly said Rick - thank you. I would have blathered on for 3 paragraphs and not made the points so clearly. Can't wait to meet you at the upcoming clinic. DD and I are both very excited.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi