Ain't noting SOFT about this game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Sweet. Loved the way she knew that her job was not done and dumped the retired runner back on her butt as she got up to check the runner at 1st. Well done! :)

Age?

Mar 17, 2011
Virginia
Rise, she just turned 16 and will be a junior in the fall. I thought it was a good hard play by both players. Just good softball.

Sep 29, 2014
Also love the technique standing just in front of the plate leaving a small path for the runner then since the ball is on the money close the door for the bang bang out, then if the throw is off, late or not made she can simply take one step up completely out of the way.

Mar 17, 2011
Virginia
We use the New England Catching Camp DVD to train. Really one of the best things I've ever bought to help her. One of these days, I'd love to get up there or catch one of their traveling camps. Hoping they come close to Virginia one day!

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2011
Virginia
You got me Warrior. ��. I didn't get upset, just thought "oh man, was she really safe?" I wasn't even focused on that, just that she caught it, held onto it, and looked for the next out. Well played sir

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I admit that I went back to watch the video again. She was totally out!!!

She is obviously NECC and not TEXAS trained as evidenced from her lack of upright posture and failure to properly utilize her elbow. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand