Ain't gonna believe this one.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Tourney looks assume, wish I was there to watch it! I could be there all day and into the night.

(IL is still going to win)

Lol, I'll try to keep the results up to date. It's a big mutha, looks like it's held over 10 different complexes within the city. This is an example of why I don't understand people saying HS ball has no bearing on scholarships. Maybe we live on a diff planet here in TN.

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Don't know about the whole state, but all of the North Georgia counties play softball in the Fall. I guess they do it because some teams share a field with the baseball team. Anyway, that is probably why there are no teams from Georgia attending.

Oct 19, 2009
Don't know about the whole state, but all of the North Georgia counties play softball in the Fall. I guess they do it because some teams share a field with the baseball team. Anyway, that is probably why there are no teams from Georgia attending.

We’re from North GA one of the GA HS host a tournament at Warner Park in Chattanooga TN and they are maybe 25-30 or so teams a few are from other states that has fall SB. The coach from the hosting team Dad is head coach at UTC. It is a great tournament and always fun.

Daughter hit 3 HR in the last one, one close to 300 feet.:)

I remember seeing maybe 1 Junior College coach and the UTC coach there, but none others. Me and some of the other dads were talking about there not being other college coaches watching the games, nothing like we see at the exposure tournaments. :confused:

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
The CA team, Whitney HS, Rocklin, CA is not very good. I wonder why they would go all the way to TN to play in a tournament? There are tourney's coming out of our ears here in NorCal.

Jun 21, 2010
Ok my fellow members, I need the skinny on any of these teams you might know about. Surely somebody's gotta know something.

I know that if my family had stayed in TN, I would have attended Father Ryan. Unfortunately, that was 30 years ago so I can't help you too much with their current team. ;)

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
The CA team, Whitney HS, Rocklin, CA is not very good. I wonder why they would go all the way to TN to play in a tournament? There are tourney's coming out of our ears here in NorCal.

By info on the web, looks like they play .500 ball.

Seriously, I do agree this is weird as heck. That's a long way to come. But I double checked their school site this morning and the trip is listed on the schedule.

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
I just got back this past weekend from a HS tournament in Bullhead City, AZ. 40 teams from 5 states, CA, AZ, NM, UT, NV. One of the qualifications to enter this tournament is that your team has to have won a league, section, region, and/or state championship in the last five years. I have attended this tournament for approx the last 10 years...In the the past, teams from TN, TX, and FL have attended. This is an outstanding tournament every year. I have seen some of the players that ended up on the Olympic team play in this tournament when they were in HS.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal

Seriously, I do agree this is weird as heck. That's a long way to come. But I double checked their school site this morning and the trip is listed on the schedule.

Kind of weird. Rocklin isn't that big a town. My MIL and BIL live one town over from Rocklin. Fairly high forclosure rate with the housing meltdown and schools are strapped for cash. Maybe they fund raised like heck to get big trip back east.

Jul 26, 2010

Pretty weird.

My daughter's hitting coach had a student that now plays for Hilo that had this April Steele as her HS coach. That means the kid drove 2 hours for hitting lessons every week. I'll see if he can dig up any gossip on the coach at the next lesson. Maybe the coach is from TN and wanted a free trip to visit family?

After doing some digging, it seems this HS went undefeated in their league last year. Likely that is when they made these plans. This year they look really rough.

-W

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321