Advise on how should a player handle a situation...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
@Peppers

I totally agree. The first thing I think when I see or hear of anyone trying to manage other people through imtimdation, bullying, insulting, etc. is they have no clue of what they are doing. And they're trying to hide it. I've worked for a couple of clowns that managed that way and they eventually were fired. They do themselves in at some point.

Hate to say it but it goes for coaching as well as any other profession.

Ok,

Now after reading all the posts and thanks again for the insight, I've suggested to DD to talk to the coach after practice. I told her not to come off as a whiny little kid but try to be discrete of how to communicate. I suggested that she tell the coach that she sees an opportunity here to develop more leadership skills since she's one of the most experienced players on the team. Be positive. But also try to communicate the excessive negativity isn't going to help the team to perform. It appears to have the opposite effect.

I suggested but we'll see what happens...

Nov 1, 2009
You see screamers at all levels of play. I would agree that most HS coaches are clueless when it comes to teaching the game to the girls but they are in charge and must be respected. I would suggest dealing with it best you can during the season and deciding afterwards if it is worth discussing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez