A question for all you Bucket-sitters out there

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2014
I don't see how you guys get your hands in a Liberty. My DD has one and it's struggle just to get my hands in hers, much less wear it for an hour.

Apr 28, 2019
I don't see how you guys get your hands in a Liberty. My DD has one and it's struggle just to get my hands in hers, much less wear it for an hour.
I have the 2015 Worth version and there is room to spare. I’m 6’ 2” 240lbs. I will say the older Worth versions seem to have a little more padding and may have a little bigger hand opening. I believe Rawlings like most other Fastpitch company’s began catering to “female specific” smaller sizes when they took over the Worth product lines. And rightfully so!!! The Rawlings version is still a quality mitt just maybe in a slightly smaller package.

May 16, 2016

I was wondering same thing. Apparently, Rawlings has two different sizes in the Liberty. A "Pro Youth" with a 6 to 6.5 inch wrist opening, and a "Standard" size with a 7 to 7.5 inch opening. I don't own one, but I am looking for a catchers mitt for myself. Found this in the "Custom" glove ordering screens.

Attachments

• Rawlings Liberty Advanced Custom Glove Options.JPG
    Rawlings Liberty Advanced Custom Glove Options.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 15
Nov 16, 2015
I'm a worth Liberty guy too. I used it in my playing days and now to catch both my DD's. In fact i use it to catch my boys too

Apr 28, 2019
Rawlings (Worth) Liberty Advanced was my choice. Great so far. Hand and joint pain gone. Doesn't help the shins though!
I hear You!!! I have two pitchers and 1st I went out and got a catchers mitt when my fielders glove padding no longer sufficed. I recently bought a complete catchers set just for the shin issue you mentioned.
The pitching coach likes to use safety cones as part of her accuracy training. Problem with that is richochets into Old Dad’s body so had to get gear.
The Diamond IX5 gear is great! It has these quick release clamps like dog collars have. Problem is my part time catcher daughter likes the Diamond gear better than her Easton Prowess set and now I have to share!!!

Feb 19, 2016
Texas
Catcher's mitt that will catch softballs or baseballs - check
Folding step stool that sits lower than a bucket - check
Shin guards when the pitches started getting movement - check
Catcher's mask for the leagues that require it during warm ups - check

Parts of this list acquired after painful experiences - check

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members