A great Saturday!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
My 12 year old DD is playing for a new team this season.
It was a very hard decision to leave her prior team but she wanted to play on a team that she felt would push her harder and elevate her game.
The coach on her new team is a wonderful mentor and spends equal time on the fundamentals as she does on the mental side of the game. This is important for my kid as she has a ton of talent but sometimes her head takes over in a bad way.

This past Saturday we had a 3 game scrimmage, the first games with the team... the coach pulled DD aside and told her she was the lead off hitter. This is a new role for DD as she is used to hitting in the 3 or 4 hole on her last two teams. She also shared that DD would pitch the 3rd game of the day.

I want to share with you her line from the day. First offensively.

AB Hit Avg. 1B 2B K RBI Runs RISP SAC SB Errors

7 5 .714 4 1 1 6 1 2/2 1 1 0

Here's her pitching line :D

W/L IP APP CG TP Srikes Balls Hits 1B BB K HBP

1-0 5.33 1 1 76 51 (67%) 25 (32%) 1 1 1 7 1

Thanks for reading a proud dad moment!

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Nice!

Your DD and my DD sound like they have something in common.
Lots of ability with a brain that sometimes gets in the way. I always tell her: Don't think. Just play. Let your instincts take over.
Sometimes easier said than done!

Jun 12, 2015
Congrats! Sounds like a great day. My DD also gets stuck in her head sometimes. She's very talented (if I do say so myself) but her nerves will sometimes cause her to miss easy plays. She was near flawless in 8U by the end of our last season but since moving up she's struggling some. Technically, fielding hasn't changed. Grounders, pop ups, things she handled easily in 8U. But she's not settled in yet. It's crazy how much the brain can impact physical performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi