a follow up to a post about 1 month ago

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Jim, I think when this young lady saw Howard we still were not using the Bat Jacks. I have 6 of the black and 2 of the green Bustos. I think I had the black when Bwurst stopped in, but she didn't need to use it. My dd doesn't use it, because she has been trained to grip it correctly. Now my high school team I have 6 batters useing bat jacks. High School rules changed so they are legal this year. I will have to look up the new rule , but off the top of my head NFHS is 1.2.1

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2008
Olathe KS
SB is correct- she was taught to hold the bat prior to the bat jack being introduced- we do not live near Howard- have been to clinics and he has been extremely generous with his time via phone. I am nothing more then a glorified taxi driver that can front toss and set balls on a tee.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
SB is correct- she was taught to hold the bat prior to the bat jack being introduced- we do not live near Howard- have been to clinics and he has been extremely generous with his time via phone. I am nothing more then a glorified taxi driver that can front toss and set balls on a tee.

My DD uses tuboslot gloves and gets the same grip. she does not need a bat jack

Howard gave me one to use with hitting lessons. I went ahead and bought 2 more soft/hard just to have around to help teach the grip.

SL

Jim

Apr 24, 2011
Ohio
Great to hear guys. Howard and Crystl have mentioned to me that they have the girls grip the bat with only the pad of their index finger on The Bat Jack. They feel that this enhances the feel of control with the bat head.

You're daughters are very lucky to have parents like you, that care and are involved in their development as players and people.

Good luck,

Jim

Jim

Apr 24, 2011
Ohio

That's funny :) She is lucky to have such a talented taxi driver. I'm sure she appreciates what you do very much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bake12