9 Year Old - Take a look

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 20, 2009

Please take a look and let me know what you think. She is just starting out her pitching career but I would like an honest assessment. We are still working on her mechanics but overall I am very proud of her.

Jul 14, 2008
Very nice. She really needs to get her hand off the top of the ball on the way down the circle. She is pushing instead of "throwing".....

Jan 27, 2010
For someone just starting, she is doing a wonderful job. I believe she needs to work on toe drag leaving the rubber.She is leaping and gets a little airborne. She gets behind the ball with the locked elbow early in the downswing. Have her relax the arm and not try to force things.She has a good start and needs to make a few minor adjustments and she'll be fine. Good job!!!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
She looks good. I'd like to see a few more pitches. Dropping the glove during delivery is what I teach mine not to do. But we all have our own opinion. I like the glove to stay high straight towards the plate just a little longer. A slap sound at release is a timing tool for offense. But at 9, don't get much better than this.

Mar 13, 2010
Except for the fact that she's illegal...she's leaping, she looks good for 9 yo. I guess its up to you as to wether you want to teach her how to pitch legally.

Oct 20, 2009
Yeah, we are working on dragging the toe. Pitching takes time to develop so we will continue to try and improve. The leap is very obvious when the video is in slow motion, but it can and will be fixed. Just trying to keep in perspective the age. Thanks for all your feedback.

Jan 20, 2010
When pitching off of a gym floor its hard not to leap. When you get outside on some dirt it wont be as bad. My dd got hurt throwing on gym floor by draging to much. She looks really good for her age.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32