8u Daughter Batting Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 25, 2010
...an 8U Select team....
sad-emoticon-msn-03.gif

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
Phreak and others I would be curious in 6U or as in this case an 8U player who had never played before how successful you are at achieving hip coil.

You often comment on this which is good, but in 6U and 8U it seems there are many things to fix before coil. Do you have a progression to use to start from the ground up?

Oct 25, 2009
Phreak and others I would be curious in 6U or as in this case an 8U player who had never played before how successful you are at achieving hip coil.

You often comment on this which is good, but in 6U and 8U it seems there are many things to fix before coil. Do you have a progression to use to start from the ground up?

I don't work with them that young. About the youngest I work with is 12U.

But like you said there are many things to teach at those ages. I think that anything you teach wouldn't be any more difficult than another for that level. Things, like ball spin or stuff like that would be too advanced of course. But hip coil (at their level) should be as easy as any other basic. For coil I would just use a cue like show the pitcher your hip pocket. I wouldn't get into the depth that Wellphyt and FFS get into. They are educating coaches/parents for the most part. The kids don't have to understand it in depth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes