8U, 10U, 11U USSSA World Series Predictions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
I predict no college coach will ever ask them what their 8U-12U team did at the USSSA World Series.

SC Dad You're off by a couple of years. It's when they go to 16U is when the biggest drop off occurs.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
I saw this link earlier today and it blows my mind they are doing the predictions like this. I guess it would be fun for the girls to see themselves on the net but thats it. This may be something cool to see for the top 16-18U teams but these younger ones are a little ridiculous.

Mar 13, 2010
I guess it would be fun for the girls to see themselves on the net but thats it.

It's cute for the kids but if they're built up from such a young age how will they appreciate it when they earn it?

I can't believe you have people predicting who the best six and seven year olds will be.

Nov 17, 2010
I predict that the "Tiger Woods effect" will continue to ruin youth sports and make broccoli and brussel sprouts more appealing to kids than picking up a ball.

-D

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
For the young girls I do not like seeing them told how great they are as these predictions kinda do. At this age it is about fundementals and having a good time. I know one of the top teams in 8u in USFA will totally change when they move up this fall to 10u. They built the team to win 8u with big, strong, but slow girls and are planning on getting rid of six when they move up. They will still be very good but I do not think an 8yo should be handled this way.

I can just about guarantee alot of these teams will be handled the same way.

May 25, 2010
I know one of the top teams in 8u in USFA will totally change when they move up this fall to 10u. They built the team to win 8u
smiley_zzrofl1.gif

I could've given you a pass if you'd been talking about 10u, but 'building' a team of 8u?? This is one I'm probably not going to stop laughing about for a very long time.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
While it may be "kind of fun" for the kids to see themselves on the website, the real reason it exists at all is strictly for the (crazy) parents, bragging rights, and how much money the tournament organizations can make off these folks. Travelling to Florida in July/August with a team of 8 year olds to play in a coach pitch tournament and spending all that money does not seem like a lot of fun to me, but I do not begrudge the parents and kids who do. Hope they have a nice experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors