8 Lessons into IR

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
Been taking my 12 yo DD to a Tincher instructor. She had some issues with her glove sweeping out and her stride was short and power was suffering.
Here is a before and after pic.

Still much work to do but she pitched awesome on Saturday.

Attachments

• V1.jpg
    V1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 231

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Looks good! My DD goes to a Denny Tincher instructor too. My only suggestions based on the "after" picture would be to try for a slight bend in her glove hand elbow - do not lock it. And I would watch the angle of her plant foot. Based on the pictures it looks like it will be almost 90 degrees to her body. She may straighten it out before she plants, but it is something to watch for.

Mar 12, 2009
Several noticeable improvements just from the still... looks like she is coming over her big toe, no swimming at this point, upper body position is much better, and ball facing home at 12... very nice... great job!

Jan 11, 2015
That is funny I just saw that picture on Dennys facebook page and all I saw was the shoulders up on the top picture on here and new that I had just seen it before I scrolled down. My daughter also goes to Denny and 1 of his instructors. The improvement in her in 9 months are remarkable. Looks like your on the way to success as well. Congrats By the way JAD I hope to get her in at some point with AWC when we are down.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2009
It sounds like Tincher is doing a good job getting the fundamentals across to his instructors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach