76 mph

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Fortunately for us it was one of those pitching instructions that DD just heard and then did.

It's nice when some are such easy fixes. My DD does have good body awareness and can incorporate instructions pretty quickly.

When and how you open matters. There are different styles.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I don't think there are too many absolutes in pitching outside of IR. Opening early and lack of FSR don't seem to slow this guy down. Note the pitch clock in the corner.

Oct 13, 2017
I don't think there are too many absolutes in pitching outside of IR. Opening early and lack of FSR don't seem to slow this guy down. Note the pitch clock in the corner.

I didn't notice any brush.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

May 13, 2023

Pitcher Connie Clark starting pitching
position was leaning back like that also.

Screenshot_20231127-172329_Chrome.jpg

Can see her process before getting into that starting pitching position.⬇️

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022
Here's another way to get it done, Keilani Ricketts. She opens a bit early and traps her elbow, almost like she's using her brush as a fulcrum. She muscles the ball when she IR's, not a loose whip action.

As I nearly obsessively study mechanics and watch what must be thousands of pitchers at this point, I'm really finding that there are a lot of ways pitchers get the ball to the plate at a high level as long as there's sufficient drive speed, FSR, whip (usually), and they end up shoulder over hip over knee at release. This girl's mechanics are unorthodox, but other than her release being different, she manages to hit all the necessary points to be in the best position for success.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles