76 mph

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

Opening rotation is the pitching power source. As Eddie Feigner said in his book, opening is the power source.

Last edited:
May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Opening rotation is the pitching power source.
Every decent pitcher opens up, Pickens opens less than a lot of pitchers. There are several drivers of velocity, every pitcher uses a combination that is specific to their own body and mechanics. Being 6'1" helps if the you have the strength to move those long limbs quickly. Pickens bends the rules with her own unique action.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Every decent pitcher opens up, Pickens opens less than a lot of pitchers. There are several drivers of velocity, every pitcher uses a combination that is specific to their own body and mechanics. Being 6'1" helps if the you have the strength to move those long limbs quickly. Pickens bends the rules with her own unique action.

No, not all pitchers open up equally.

We face our target. A BB pitcher and hitter turn to close off. We hold the opening.

IMB_QlFI4H.gifIMG_5940.jpegIMG_3471.jpeg

It’s not do you open up, like you said. It’s how. Do I hold like hold like Bahl or do I hold like Barnhill, how do I coil.

So no, pitchers are not equal.

Jennifer is different then Bahl.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
are you sure she’s not just throwing a screwball? do you have any other video of her throwing a fastball or a drop?

That’s the entire thing. It’s a fastball with the fingers and hand position can apply spin at an angle. It’s the way it leaves the fingers. If thrown it might be your fastest pitch. I’ve heard you can apply more leverage. The fingers follow through is the angle of spin imparted on the ball.

IMB_dW1Hm3.gif

So when you have some tilt, you throw inside the back hip the arm in close to apply that leverage. Like inside out.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles