41 to 0

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 21, 2010
What sort of coach allows his team to rack up so many runs against an obviously mismatched team? We played the same mismatched team and our coach stopped the runs after 12. Our coach had girls slap, bunt, hit opposite, and we still got on base. We scored 3 more because of walks. 14U bracket. 41 to 0 is crazy.

Jul 9, 2010
No excuse for that.

I was on the short end one time, helping a friend coach his 1st yr 14u team in their 1st ever tourney. The other team won 22-0, and after the game, the other coach says "welcome to travel ball".

A few weeks later, my team (I had my own team) plays this guy's team. My team had been watching, and was friends the girls on the team I helped with. We started stepping off bases with a 12-0 lead. My girls wanted to score 100, but we talked about tbe players and sportsmanship, regardless of the coach. After the game, the guy wouldn't even go through the line to shake hands with our players. I saw him after the game, and he wanted to fight me for running up the score, and ending the game after 3 innings, instead of letting his kids play the full time limit. I just smiled and walked away - wasn't even worth a comment.

May 31, 2009
I was at my 8yr old grandson's LL game a few weeks ago and the coach of my grandson done this same thing. Score was 40 - 0. The worst part about it to me was, he was whooping and hollering and waving the kids around every base. He even had his kids steal home on every ball that got by the catcher. Parents were just shaking their heads in discust. What a dirt bag.

and this is why they have mercy rules...not a big fan usually but a 15 runs after 3 innings gives the team enough chances to see if they can rally or if is just a complete mismatch.

You would hope in that situation they have cleared the benches and are pitching their #3 or #4 pitcher plus at that point you would hope the strike zone would get pretty big as well (I'm guessing some purist will blast me saying how as an ump you can never do that but I'm living in the real world with real people not theory land)

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
What sort of coach allows his team to rack up so many runs against an obviously mismatched team? We played the same mismatched team and our coach stopped the runs after 12. Our coach had girls slap, bunt, hit opposite, and we still got on base. We scored 3 more because of walks. 14U bracket. 41 to 0 is crazy.

Sorry but your post is a little confusing...was it your coach that ran up the 41-0 score or some other team?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCockell