3rd Base Glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 6, 2014
Hello everyone,

I'm shopping for glove for my grand daughter. She's just turned 15 in January, she's small, 4'-11" tall and weighs in around 105 lbs. I seriously doubt she will ever clear 5' in height. She has made her high school varsity softball squad and also plays on a 14U travel team. She has always played catcher but lately she see's more time on 3rd base.

Now I have no idea on what size glove is best suited for 3rd base? I've been looking at a few gloves, a Nokona BCF-1200C, a Vinci JV26-M 11.75" and a Vinci TC21-VM 12. The Vinci TC21-M is out of stock and won't be available for another couple of weeks. I'm hoping to get some feedback here before I make a purchase, on what size she would need on 3rd as well as the gloves I've mentioned or any options on makes and models. I'm looking for a quality glove that will take her through four years of high school and perhaps on into college. Thanks for your help.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
For third base in fastpitch. I'd go with a touch bigger like a 12.5 or 13".... if you do go with a vicci be sure to get a 1/2" bigger than your shopping for. And like Amy said, casedawg is a vicci sales rep and can get you a better price.

Oct 10, 2011
3rd

DD got a Vinci custom RV1961. It's 12.75 but is closer to 12.5. I agree 3rd should be a little bigger than middle infield. Casey is awesome and we are getting a catchers mitt soon from him.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
DD is also a catcher and plays the corners (1st and 3rd). She loves her Nokona buckaroo 12.5" for the corners. It is extremely well made and has lasted 4 years. Since I just re-laced it, I'm expecting it to last her many more. However, If I were to look for a new glove for her, I would seriously consider the Vinci 13". It seems as well made, if not better, than the Nokona. Plus, I like to keep other DFPers in business...lol. I know DD's next catching mitt will be a Vinci.

Aug 8, 2010
Thanks guys. My daughters use the RV1961-L at the corners. Anywhere really. Very versatile. Plays a deep 12.5 . If you like a smaller glove the JSJS is a good bet in a traditional back and the TC21 in a Velcro strapped back. All have deep softball type pockets so it is really whether you are a big or small glove person, and there are two distinct camps.

Feb 6, 2014
I appreciate all the responses to my post. After speaking with my grand daughter and showing her some of the various gloves she likes the look of the Vinci RCV125 Black 12.5 glove. She likes that it's a 12.5 inch glove and she really needs the adjustable wrist strap because of her small hand size.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I appreciate all the responses to my post. After speaking with my grand daughter and showing her some of the various gloves she likes the look of the Vinci RCV125 Black 12.5 glove. She likes that it's a 12.5 inch glove and she really needs the adjustable wrist strap because of her small hand size.

Hey octking, I bought 2 Vinci's from Casedawg in December. One was a custom 12" for my 12yo DD and the other was a catchers mitt
for our 12U travel team catcher. Then a co-worker of mine bought his DD a 1961-L after he saw the two I had ordered. A dual welted
Vinci will fit her hand tight so you would probably be able to do away with the velcro straps forever. Yeah for a 15yo I would order a
model 1961-L. Casey is very easy to deal with and will save you a gool deal of cash.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma