2023 pitcher to Florida

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 29, 2013
Here's my question. Let's use a real example from DD's HS team. 15YO sophomore pitcher verbally commits to Ohio State (her parents Alum) and her dream school. Had she waited until her senior year, would Ohio State still be available to her as other 15 or 16YOs pitchers would have already verbally committed to that college, leaving little room in the pitching rotation and scholarship $$ for her? IMO, the only way she could get away with waiting until her senior is if she was significantly better than the other pitchers who have already verballed.

I see your point, but my counter would be there is a huge difference between sophomore year and 7th grade. Honestly, I think softball would be better off if it followed some common sense rules on recruiting. Any verbal to anyone is understood to be nothing more than a verbal, and (unlike college football, but for all intents and purposes they typically follow this) no contact before the start of the Sophomore year in high school. No communication at all to a girl who is not at least 15 and nothing more than a bland "thanks for your interest in the program email" if the kid, her parents, or her coach initiate the contact before then.
And don't get me started on how softball, and baseball, should be allowed to offer at least 18 full scholarships per team. That would allow for a 3-4 pitcher rotation, 8 starters in the field, and a full bench. Yes, I know I'm peeing in the wind with that but it's not like college baseball or softball teams can add a guest player or a free agent whenever their hit with an injury. As for costs, not buying the excuse that it would be too much, the money can be found with a little creativity.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
I was at a camp called Banditfest on Sunday at the Rosemont Dome in Illinois. The girl was at the Rosemont Dome playing in a double header after the camp was over. No idea if she participated in the actual camp that was going on before hand. She hit the ball very well in the couple of at bats that I saw, she had a triple in her first at bat in the RC gap, and hit the ball over the CF head in her 2nd at bat. Was hoping to see her pitch in the first game but we left in the 4th inning. I will say that she throws very hard from what I could tell in warmups. The Bandits were beating the team they playing pretty bad before we left.

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
Is there a YouTube video of her pitching in 12u? Thanks in advance for your help.
I think she was playing 12U at 10 years of age and then played at her level for 10U PGF Championships. I believe she then went right to 14U at 11years old. So, I don't think you'll find too much out there at 12U. You might find some video of her at 14U. I could be completely incorrect tho. I only know this casually since my daughter is also a 2023.

Apr 20, 2015
I think she was playing 12U at 10 years of age and then played at her level for 10U PGF Championships. I believe she then went right to 14U at 11years old. So, I don't think you'll find too much out there at 12U. You might find some video of her at 14U. I could be completely incorrect tho. I only know this casually since my daughter is also a 2023.
No she played 12 u last year as an 05 on an 04 team. She's on a first year 14u team this year and she could still be a 2nd year 12.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles