2022 ghost - lost its “sound”

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
My DD 22 ghost hasn’t had many swings on it and it sounds like a bb rolling around inside we just laugh and keep swinging until it breaks
Its only a glue-bee. Its from glue at the end of the bat at the endcap that breaks loose. Pretty common in composite bats. When a little
too much glue is put in there, when it dries and gets swung...the glue-bee will break off and roll around in there.

Not breaking

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The loud sound will change one broken in the sound changes. The metal "ping" doesnt stay with it when it gets broken in
I dont hear much diff from your bat ,4444, then Maddie's

But i didnt turn it up super loud as im in the office :)

Aug 16, 2015
The loud sound will change one broken in the sound changes. The metal "ping" doesnt stay with it when it gets broken in
I dont hear much diff from your bat ,4444, then Maddie's

But i didnt turn it up super loud as im in the office :)
I agree once I heard Maddie’s bat I felt better about things. I just didn’t know it was normal since I hear her teammates bats making the new bat sound for a long time. Guess it shows how much they practice lol

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Maddie is a Ghost fan and good hitter...i was super glad Eric posted her vid as she is a perfect example if you want bat sounds from
Ghosts. Eric has gotten every single Ghost so far and Maddie doesnt go easy on the bats.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Maddie is a Ghost fan and good hitter...i was super glad Eric posted her vid as she is a perfect example if you want bat sounds from
Ghosts. Eric has gotten every single Ghost so far and Maddie doesnt go easy on the bats.

Almost every Ghost. She hasn't had the USSSA/Yellow one, or the newest 2022 Advanced.

ASA/Blue
Dual Stamp
Dual Stamp Stars & Stripes (this was her favorite, but it didn't last very long)
Advanced (a few)
Double Barrel (current - she loves it)

We really didn't notice a sound change with the Blue and Dual Stamp. With the Advanced and Double Barrel, the sound change is notable to the point where we can identify a new one as soon as we hear it.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Almost every Ghost. She hasn't had the USSSA/Yellow one, or the newest 2022 Advanced.

ASA/Blue
Dual Stamp
Dual Stamp Stars & Stripes (this was her favorite, but it didn't last very long)
Advanced (a few)
Double Barrel (current - she loves it)

We really didn't notice a sound change with the Blue and Dual Stamp. With the Advanced and Double Barrel, the sound change is notable to the point where we can identify a new one as soon as we hear it.
The new ADV just came out, so I gave a pass on that one and the usssa Ghost didnt count :ROFLMAO:

Mar 28, 2022
Our new GA 2022 has a "Thud" sound instead of the "crack" sound of the 2021. It also produces about 6-7 MPH slower exit velocity (on our local Hit Trax). Ohers on here have explained that any GAs do have a break in period and that the sound and MPH impact will improve/change as it breaks in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi