2022 ghost - lost its “sound”

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 16, 2015
I got a 2022 ghost dual stamp (from Core, thanks Core!) this summer and unfortunately it broke in September. It started out with an unique sound (seems to be their selling point) which wore off over time.

I got the replacement and when she hit it had the sound back in November when I got the replacement. Now it’s early March and tbe sound is gone. Is this a sign of it being broken? I don’t see any noticable signs but it doesn’t sound like it used to or her teammates that have a newer one.

Carry distance on it while still good isn’t the same as her 2018 ghost or even RXT

Any thoughts?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
No idea...your focusing on sound so im sure that could be some of the issue. Just hit it. If it breaks, then you
will know. If you are hearing for something, you prob will hear something. Same with cars. But tough to send
back for "sound" possibility...haha. Could it be, sure (maybe a soft spot developing), could it not, sure.

I dont think sound is the selling point as other bats have their own sounds because of their inner tech as well.
When you have inner barrels/discs/chambers mixed with composite outside barrels, you arent going to have
quiet bats.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2015
Wasn’t planning on sending back was really asking if it’s normal over time for that more hollow sound it comes with to turn into a thud

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Thats what I mean, sound is VERY tough to figure out when you are listening for it. Could there be a soft spot, sure.

Maybe get another parent to listen to it and dont say anything to them except hey, can you listen to see if you think our bat sounds like the other. And not in a game, like in bp when balls can be squared up on a consistent basis. Then see if they think the sound is diff than the other girls' bats.
Then you would another opinion that has heard the bat.

Aug 16, 2015
Thats what I mean, sound is VERY tough to figure out when you are listening for it. Could there be a soft spot, sure.

Maybe get another parent to listen to it and dont say anything to them except hey, can you listen to see if you think our bat sounds like the other. And not in a game, like in bp when balls can be squared up on a consistent basis. Then see if they think the sound is diff than the other girls' bats.
Then you would another opinion that has heard the bat.

what I am saying is that the sound off one players bat is different than the others... we were all talking about at practice... and it was the bats not the players.... because when they traded bats, the same sounds were made from the bats. One bat was pretty new and the other has been used a couple months. This is why we asked.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
What we have found with the Advanced and Double Barrel models is that the sound definitely changes as they break in. The tone gets deeper, clearer, and louder. To me, it sounds similar to a small caliber rifle shot. My DD hasn't tried the 2022 Advanced.

Aug 16, 2015
this is a good way to describe it where the original sound sounds much more "hollow" if that makes sense. I found the video online they did for advertising with Chamberlain and it sounds more like the bat I have than when we originally got it so I guess its ok

May 24, 2013
So Cal
This is my DD's well-broken-in Double Barrel during BP yesterday. Out of the wrapper, the tone was higher and less "hollow" than it is now. The sound will also vary depending on the hardness of the ball.

Aug 16, 2015
This is my DD's well-broken-in Double Barrel during BP yesterday. Out of the wrapper, the tone was higher and less "hollow" than it is now. The sound will also vary depending on the hardness of the ball.

Here are the 2 sounds I’m talking about

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00