2021 xeno

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 6, 2017
Anybody have a 2021? Wondering about performance. Strange you have to
buy from LS now. Can’t even get your hands n it.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I'm not going to say don't buy a 2021, but as far as I've found LS has not changed the design on the Xeno in many years. You can still find new in wrapper 2019 and 2020 models for much less than a 2021. If you're wanting the 2021 paint job.....then totally get it. But if not, (IMO) find a last year's model and save yourself some money.

DD has a 2019 she's been swinging since March and loves it. It has been an awesome bat for her so far.

Feb 1, 2021
LS Xeno is the same with just a new paint job since 2019. That said I wasnt aware the 21's were even out. Lol. Thats what I get for bargain shopping all the year old models.

Dec 24, 2020
As a follow-up question do you think the Xeno will be back next year? Or do you think slugger is going to retire it, and replace with a new model? That's my theory. Maybe more like the Ghost is what I'm thinking.

Feb 1, 2021
Obviously I know nothing, but I would be very surprised if the Xeno went away. Not only because LS has always been loyal to its core brands, but the Xeno is extremely popular and is one of the rare 'stiff' bats around. Those that like a certain feel, if the stiffer feel is what you like, there is really no big national brand alternative that I am aware of. I do consider the Ghost a flex bat btw.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Obviously I know nothing, but I would be very surprised if the Xeno went away. Not only because LS has always been loyal to its core brands, but the Xeno is extremely popular and is one of the rare 'stiff' bats around. Those that like a certain feel, if the stiffer feel is what you like, there is really no big national brand alternative that I am aware of. I do consider the Ghost a flex bat btw.

As long as LS keeps selling to projections every year it’ll stick around. A popular bat that they don’t need to redesign every 3 years? That’s a lot of revenue keep for LS. Now that it’ll be direct only that’s a lot of margin they get to keep as well.

Feb 1, 2021
Now that it’ll be direct only that’s a lot of margin they get to keep as well.

So it IS direct only? If so I bet its to keep the end of the year over stock from hitting the market cheap. They would probably rather just chew them up then sell them cheap.

Dec 24, 2020
As long as LS keeps selling to projections every year it’ll stick around. A popular bat that they don’t need to redesign every 3 years? That’s a lot of revenue keep for LS. Now that it’ll be direct only that’s a lot of margin they get to keep as well.

I guess my thinking was, why only have it exclusive on their website? Seems like they would sell more if I could pick up the newest one at a local store. Putting it exclusive on their site seems like a way to slowly phase it out, and replace it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez