2019 Louisville Slugger FP LXT - worth it?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Being that you are in So Cal, I expect that you are playing with RIF balls. The softer compression pretty much negates any performance benefits of a top-level bat like the LXT.

Apr 28, 2019
So for 8u, what range of length/weight to maintain -11 max should I be aiming for? I think her current Rawlings is 28/15! Yikes, swinging to light, eh?
It depends on her height/weight and overall strength/bat speed. Any place that sells bats will have a chart so you can choose the correct bat. I would go with the best lightest bat you can afford. Drop 11 is a good place to start. Many good prices on leftover 18/19 bats right now.

Jun 19, 2016
Being that you are in So Cal, I expect that you are playing with RIF balls. The softer compression pretty much negates any performance benefits of a top-level bat like the LXT.
+1...if you are playing with RIF stick with aluminum.
You're right, Eric - the balls are RIF.
Just keep that aluminum bat and spend that money on lessons.

On a separate note, I hate the idea of RIF balls. My kids never played with RIF balls. They even played TBall with real balls. They bounce like crazy!

May 29, 2019
I bought my Daughter who plays 8U in San Diego the 30in 18oz -12 LXT. We started practicing with 10u balls, that’s when I noticed the bat wasn’t that great. I will be taking it to the batting cage to break it and send it back soon (year warranty). NO POP! Hopefully they will send me a 2020 model. Is that wishful thinking?

Jun 19, 2016
I bought my Daughter who plays 8U in San Diego the 30in 18oz -12 LXT. We started practicing with 10u balls, that’s when I noticed the bat wasn’t that great. I will be taking it to the batting cage to break it and send it back soon (year warranty). NO POP! Hopefully they will send me a 2020 model. Is that wishful thinking?

They still have that model in stock for 2019.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Avoid ANY drop 12 bat. Simply no pop. Might be light and easy to swing but the pop is not going to be there at all.

Drop12 or 13 are just what they are meant for, cheap bats (some are decent) as the kids grow out of them fast.
They def are NOT the same bat as the bigger brothers are.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06