2019 DeMarini Vendetta -12

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My DD is 9 years old, tall for her age, and has been using a 30/20 for about 2 years. She swings the bat well and she liked the feel of a 31/20 we had her test in store. She has also swung a friend’s old 31/19 and hit really well with it in BP.
Okay, 9 is very young, I get it............but she's already been using a -10 for two years and now you're considering a -12? That's backing up in my opinion! I'd take a look at a 31/21, Demarini is going to swing as light as any bat out there, if she looks a little slow in an actual game, use the 30/20 as a backup.

This is a deal.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
If she is doing well with a drop 10/11 stick with it. Maybe even try an end loaded bat if you think she can handle it.
What?? In one post you say there's nothing wrong with a drop 12 or 13 bat, you say it doesn't make any sense to use a heavier bat, and here you tell her to try a end loaded bat?? She's 9 years old MB!

Frederick, focus on a balanced -10 bat, if it's too heavy look to a -11 bat at the very lightest, swing and try several bats if you can, maybe some of her teammates bats, You say she's tall and has been using a 30" bat for two years already, sounds like she's ready for a 31" bat to me, but as I said, I'd sacrifice an inch to be able to use a slightly heavier bat.

That 31/21 Carbon Candy sounds like a great option!

May 20, 2019
Just remember the bat doesn't make the hitter. Often times us dads get bat envy and empty our wallets on the latest shiny objects. At 9yo hard work and dedication will go much further than a fancy bat. ;-)

Jul 28, 2019
Steubenville, OH
Just remember the bat doesn't make the hitter. Often times us dads get bat envy and empty our wallets on the latest shiny objects. At 9yo hard work and dedication will go much further than a fancy bat. ;-)
Oh I agree. I made to mistake of telling her if she put in the extra work away from team practices I’d look into investing in a new bat. She has and I am.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Notice I linked a $300.00 bat that’s on closeout for a $145.00. I think that’s a great price for a quality bat, I’d personally never pay $300 for a bat for a 9 year old, but I’d absolutely pay $145 for that bat for her.

May 20, 2019
Notice I linked a $300.00 bat that’s on closeout for a $145.00. I think that’s a great price for a quality bat, I’d personally never pay $300 for a bat for a 9 year old, but I’d absolutely pay $145 for that bat for her.
Agreed. I grabbed a 19 Vendetta on closeout for $137 on Amazon last week. Would have loved a higher end bat but not much available in 29" size that my 51 lb 9yo feels comfortable swinging. ;-)

Oct 5, 2018
Sounds like a used CF 6,7,8,X,Zen 31 20 would be a good fit. If cant find locally, you can find on Facebook for 125 to 150 maybe cheaper and will be able to sell it in a year for most of what u paid for it, likely not so for the vendetta.

Another option to me would be a Demarini Slapper 31 21. And there ones for 100 or less out there.

Apr 28, 2019
Agreed. I grabbed a 19 Vendetta on closeout for $137 on Amazon last week. Would have loved a higher end bat but not much available in 29" size that my 51 lb 9yo feels comfortable swinging. ;-)
Also may consider 2020 Spryte. Made with same composite as top end bats with more basic connection joint. Comes in drop 12 I believe.

Apr 28, 2019
What?? In one post you say there's nothing wrong with a drop 12 or 13 bat, you say it doesn't make any sense to use a heavier bat, and here you tell her to try a end loaded bat?? She's 9 years old MB!

Frederick, focus on a balanced -10 bat, if it's too heavy look to a -11 bat at the very lightest, swing and try several bats if you can, maybe some of her teammates bats, You say she's tall and has been using a 30" bat for two years already, sounds like she's ready for a 31" bat to me, but as I said, I'd sacrifice an inch to be able to use a slightly heavier bat.

That 31/21 Carbon Candy sounds like a great option!
I suggested a lighter bat based on her age. Then it was posted she was already using a drop 10 and doing well with it. Makes sense now right AD?

Oct 5, 2018
Also may consider 2020 Spryte. Made with same composite as top end bats with more basic connection joint. Comes in drop 12 I believe.
My assumption was the $200 2020 Sprite is simply the new $200 (msrp) vendetta. Both descriptions list "Paradox Composite" and big D endcap. The CF line uses "Paraflex Plus Comp."

Demarini likely just using the sprite name which was used on the highly popular CF (-11) of years past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie