2019 DeMarini Vendetta -12

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 28, 2019
Steubenville, OH
So I’m currently looking into getting my DD either a Ghost or an LXT, but as I was researching I came across this bat for around $150. I get it isn’t the same level of quality as the other 2 I mentioned but considering it as a second bat. Anyone have any experience with it?

May 20, 2019
I bought one for my DD but she is a tiny 9yo. Still breaking in but seems kinda cold out of the wrapper so far. Not as hot as her 2012 vendetta was so far but only 100 or so balls hit so far. Bat has a more balanced feel compared to the ghost and lxt.

May 20, 2019
What age are we talking about here? What size bat does she currently use? In my opinion I would rather have a player use a drop 12 that she can control than a drop 11 that is too heavy. Choose the bat your DD is most comfortable swinging:)

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks for the feedback. Could you elaborate a little on why? I’m admittedly not very knowledgeable on what makes one drop better than another.
Like rslaubaugh just said, what age (and size) girl are we talking about? It's simple math, more weight through the ball, less deflection or rebound. Heavier bats hit harder, period! Don't get me wrong, I love bat speed.

If she is in fact a tiny girl, get her a -11, no lighter! I'd sacrifice an inch of bat to get her used to a true balanced -10 bat, just my opinion.

Apr 28, 2019
So I’m currently looking into getting my DD either a Ghost or an LXT, but as I was researching I came across this bat for around $150. I get it isn’t the same level of quality as the other 2 I mentioned but considering it as a second bat. Anyone have any experience with it?
A couple of our girls have them. Not top players but they do ok with them. Seems to be a break-in period with them.
If you need a drop 12 it’s an option I guess. You can get them dirt cheap on Ebay. A better choice sticking with Demarini would be the Carbon Candy. Only comes in drop 10 I believe. Can get new for $150 on couple of sites cheaper on E-bay.
I would recommend you check out SPC Sports . They have used demo bats for great prices including LXT’’s, Carbon Candy, & Xeno’s.
I was in our local Pro Shop yesterday and I was checking out the 2020 Ghost & LXT. Both great looking/performing bats. Very tough choice there. Definitely demo as many bats as you can before you purchase. It’s a hassle but worth it when daughter finds her favorite.

Apr 28, 2019
There’s nothing wrong with a drop 12 or 13 for that matter especially with young players. It all depends on how strong/athletic your daughter is and what kind of bat speed she has. You want the best bat speed you can muster. It doesn’t make sense to use heavier bats if she’s not ready yet.
I would suggest using a heavier bat when doing stationary drills with a tee, and a lighter bat when the ball is in motion like soft toss, bucket drops, & live pitching.

Jul 28, 2019
Steubenville, OH
My DD is 9 years old, tall for her age, and has been using a 30/20 for about 2 years. She swings the bat well and she liked the feel of a 31/20 we had her test in store. She has also swung a friend’s old 31/19 and hit really well with it in BP.

Apr 28, 2019
My DD is 9 years old, tall for her age, and has been using a 30/20 for about 2 years. She swings the bat well and she liked the feel of a 31/20 we had her test in store. She has also swung a friend’s old 31/19 and hit really well with it in BP.
If she is doing well with a drop 10/11 stick with it. Maybe even try an end loaded bat if you think she can handle it.
I know at that age we were just starting out and used drop 12’s, 12.5, & 13’s until their mechanics and bat speed improved and warranted and upgrade in weight and bat quality.
At 14U they now swing drop 10’s and 9’s some end loaded when facing pitchers their own age. When they play 18U it’s drop 10’s & 11’s evenly balanced to catch-up to faster/better pitching.
It’s like anything else you gotta have the right tool for the job. Every application is not the same. You need to adjust to conditions if you want to be a successful hitter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach