2018 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2013
That does suck.

So is the USSSA ghost for fastpitch inner barrel also? That's interesting about the SP bats. Didn't know they were that different.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
That does suck.

So is the USSSA ghost for fastpitch inner barrel also? That's interesting about the SP bats. Didn't know they were that different.

You asked about the DC41 and ASA bat and the Ghost. The Miken/Worth bats do not have the inner barrels for both assoc bats. It doesn't suck if they don't have it for usssa, diff assoc allow
diff standards. The usssa Mikens/Worths are darn good and the best in the game for slowpitch. Gotta take one question at a time and cant combine manufacturers...haha :)
What one does or has tech wise, isn't what others do

Ghost fastpitch does have the inner barrels for both, I am sure something was done diff, but haven't found what the diff is yet

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Easton doesn't share with Miken or vice versa
That's why I was a little off guard when you brought up the Ghost and DC41...haha

Worth/Miken and Rawlings def share tech

Oct 16, 2014
Wanted to give a quick review on the USSSA Ghost. We got our 30/20 in on Friday from CoreSoftball (thanks Todd). She hit with it right away to try and get a few hits on it so she could use it that night at a tryout. She also has the USA/ASA version in the same size and right away I was impressed with the USSSA thinking it sounded and hit a lot like the ASA. So we had hitting lesson Saturday morning. She started out swinging the USSSA and it hit very well. Was pleasantly surprised how close it was to the ASA. From looking at the two side by side they look identical except for paint. After she hit a couple buckets with the USSSA she switched to the ASA. I did not bring my radar gun in with me to check exit speeds, but could not see a difference in performance with my eye. The ASA version did sound slightly different. More of a hollow pop to it is the way it sounded to me. After hitting those two, she broke out her CFX 30/19 which I understand is a -11 not -10 for side by side comparison, but close enough. She has always been a Demarini CF user till the Ghosts came out, but the CFX had no where near the same pop as the two Ghosts. Instructor told her to put it back in her bag and leave it there. She finished up with the ASA Ghost and went back to hitting hard so the CFX performance wasn't because she was tired.

Jul 5, 2016
Same experience as DC can't tell the 2 ghost apart both destroy the less desirables our team was swinging for usssa

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Apr 1, 2016
Are the ASA Ghosts legal in USFA?!?!? In the rule book it says it has to be stamped with BPF 1.20 or less. I don’t see it in any of the pics I’ve looked at on line.

Jul 5, 2016
Are the ASA Ghosts legal in USFA?!?!? In the rule book it says it has to be stamped with BPF 1.20 or less. I don’t see it in any of the pics I’ve looked at on line.
USAF follows usssa bat regs. So no on the asa ghost has to be the usssa version

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Had a guy that just told me that the usssa Ghost heats up really nice after about 100 swings to hit right with the asa ghost. Sound is a bit diff but very good performance.

Jul 5, 2016
Yes core we have several already opening up and right on par with thier asa version the best way I can describe the sound is a little deeper sounding clack than the asa. Each of the usssa I've weighed have been right at a oz over were our 31-33 asa are pretty close to sticker weight. Anything under 31 seems to run around a oz over on both versions. The one thing I wish easton would have changed in the smaller versions is reduction in handle length instead of such a reduction in barrel the handle on the 28-30s is actually longer than the 31-33s we have

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck