2012 USSSA 14A National Runners Up....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2012
we got back on Aug. 6th for HS ball....but it was a great week in Orlando for the 14A USSSA Nationals. Sadly, the girls just ran out of gas after 7 days in the humidity to fall 3-1 in the National Championship game to the Florida Storm....but still an amazing season for the Originals-Koop 97' squad...and very proud of them all....

Originals 2012 USSSA 14A National Runner-Ups Rev 1.jpg

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Congrats. Sounds like a nice group of players there. The dirty one on the front row a SS or 3rd baseman??

What did you think of how the tourney was run? Would you recommend it to others?

Apr 15, 2012
Congrats. That's something to be proud of!! I second GoingDeep's question, How was the tournamet?

Apr 11, 2012
the dirty one is a catcher.....

as for the tournament? It was ran very well, super organized and the fields were the best we have played on, the officiating was superb....

there was some trouble though....the New Jersey Mystics 14A team who followed us around all week to scout (as we were the top seeded team and fine to do), but during our game they had parents next to our dugout spying and texting the coach, parents in the outfiled with telephoto lenses texting the coach, their coach on his phone in the coaches box and the dugout non-stop, but the then the "dangest thing I have ever seen happened...10 different eye-witnesses (not associated with our team) saw several NJ players switching jerseys in the bath rooms during the game, as we were beating them, they even brought in apparently an "older sister" . This was all reported to tournament officals (Jeremy and Josh)....this was in the next to last winner's bracket game, a really important pivotal game, and they came back to win in the last at bat and the girl that got the game wining hit in the lead-off position was not the original lead-off hitter and no substitution was reported...it was dissapointing to have the tournament directors pretty much turn their heads about it...the next day in the final winner's bracket game they did a "roster check" and the NJ team got caught again.....only to be told "that" girl can't play, and no consequence. The NJ team lost that game and we got to play them again ....we ended up beating them soundly 6-1 and their were all so shamefuly acting before and after the game....what POS's to do such a thing to try and steal a USSSA National Championship....not to take anything away from a great Florida Storm team, but I believe we could have won it all if not being put in the losers bracket by a team that had to resort to have their best hitters hitting 5-6 times and bring in what looked like an 18 year old to beat us....

So if you are at the USSSA Nationals, you may want to take a video and/or photo of each of your opponents hitters...or go ahead and cheat, cuause nothing will happen to you if you get caught so "what the hell"....

jk....please dont cheat....

But the ESPN Wide World of Sports facility is something special....

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
the dirty one is a catcher.....

as for the tournament? It was ran very well, super organized and the fields were the best we have played on, the officiating was superb....

there was some trouble though....the New Jersey Mystics 14A team who followed us around all week to scout (as we were the top seeded team and fine to do), but during our game they had parents next to our dugout spying and texting the coach, parents in the outfiled with telephoto lenses texting the coach, their coach on his phone in the coaches box and the dugout non-stop, but the then the "dangest thing I have ever seen happened...10 different eye-witnesses (not associated with our team) saw several NJ players switching jerseys in the bath rooms during the game, as we were beating them, they even brought in apparently an "older sister" . This was all reported to tournament officals (Jeremy and Josh)....this was in the next to last winner's bracket game, a really important pivotal game, and they came back to win in the last at bat and the girl that got the game wining hit in the lead-off position was not the original lead-off hitter and no substitution was reported...it was dissapointing to have the tournament directors pretty much turn their heads about it...the next day in the final winner's bracket game they did a "roster check" and the NJ team got caught again.....only to be told "that" girl can't play, and no consequence. The NJ team lost that game and we got to play them again ....we ended up beating them soundly 6-1 and their were all so shamefuly acting before and after the game....what POS's to do such a thing to try and steal a USSSA National Championship....not to take anything away from a great Florida Storm team, but I believe we could have won it all if not being put in the losers bracket by a team that had to resort to have their best hitters hitting 5-6 times and bring in what looked like an 18 year old to beat us....

So if you are at the USSSA Nationals, you may want to take a video and/or photo of each of your opponents hitters...or go ahead and cheat, cuause nothing will happen to you if you get caught so "what the hell"....

jk....please dont cheat....

But the ESPN Wide World of Sports facility is something special....

Man I've seen this too many times over my years of ball. When I do see it I always think back to this classic moment in film.............

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
LOL Love that movie!

We were in 12U B at the Wide World of Sports and had a great time ourselves. Didn't experiance players changing in the bathrooms, that's pretty dirty. The facility is amazing and beautiful, we had a great time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06